This list of 40 crave-worthy, healthy shrimp recipes are easy to make, filling, and totally perfect for easy lunches, busy weeknights, or relaxed weekend dinners.
40 BEST Healthy Shrimp Recipes to Make Now
It’s the time to of year when cravings begin to make the turn from rich and delicious comfort food—like my buttery, garlic shrimp scampi with a side of sourdough for mopping up all the flavors—to eating lighter with loads of flavor. And that’s where this list of best shrimp recipes for dinner makes its way in.
Whether it’s frozen cooked shrimp or raw with the tails on, shrimp are my number one crustacean protein pick. They’re low in calories and cook in no time for fast and healthy meals. Plus, they’re usually more affordable than fish or other types of shellfish, and you don’t have to worry about mercury.
Whether you sauté them, bake them, grill them, or steam them, shrimp recipes with pasta, rice, or topped on a salad are wonderfully versatile and scrumptious, and I can’t get enough.
And so without further ado, here are 31 healthy, easy, and totally delicious shrimp recipes to make now.
1. Citrus Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Citrusy shrimp, creamy avocado, and crunchy almond slices are a delicious trifecta in this bright and easy salad that can be made in 30 minutes or less.
2. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Cilantro Lime Slaw
Pinch of Yum
The creamy garlic cilantro lime slaw is reason enough to add these crazy-good Baja inspired shrimp tacos to your Taco Tuesday rotation. The fact that they come together in 30 minutes is just an added bonus.
3. Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp
Greek yogurt lightens up this popular favorite and gives the sweet chili and Sriracha shrimp a creamy sauce that’s absolutely irresistible.
4. Grilled Shrimp with Sweet or Spicy Mustard Dipping Sauce
Forgoing the traditional cocktail sauce or drawn butter, these grilled shrimp are switching things up and taking a dip into mustard sauce. Do you want sweet? Or are you craving spicy? I know, I couldn’t decide either, so why not dip into both!
5. Easy Instant Pot Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
A Spicy Perspective
Have am Instant Pot? Let it do all of the work on your bang bang shrimp!
6. Creamy Shrimp Florentine Pasta
Gimme Some Oven
Flavored and a creamy garlic-parmesan sauce (made with milk), and studded with zesty sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, basil, and shrimp, this penne dish is definitely a keeper.
7. Saucy Baked Shrimp
This healthy Greek-inspired shrimp recipe in a saucy tomato base with feta can be cooked and served as a one-pot skillet dinner, or in a baking dish as a fast and easy-to-make appetizer that’s the first thing to disappear.
8. Spicy Coconut Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Mango Basil Salsa
These super light and refreshing grilled shrimp wraps feature a quick 30-minute marinade with jalapeños, ginger, and coconut milk, and a mango basil salsa you’re going to want to put on everything.
9. Skinny Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
Bake. Eat. Repeat
You’d never know this Cajun-spiced alfredo was lightened up, thanks to less butter and cheese, and milk instead of cream. It’s so decadent. Plus, it’s ready in under 30 minutes.
10. Shrimp in Thai Coconut Sauce
Coconut milk, curry, peanut butter, and lime come together to make a rich and flavorful sauce that cloaks these tender shrimpies sautéed with bell pepper. Garnish with fresh cilantro and basil, serve over rice or noodles, close your eyes, and pretend you’re in Thailand.
11. Shrimp or Chicken and Lentil Tacos
Creme De La Crumb
These versatile and healthy tacos can be made with chicken, lentils, or shrimp, and are topped with the creamiest, most addicting chipotle sauce.
12. Spicy Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes and Garlic
Little Spice Jar
Plump cherry tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and plenty of garlic deliver tons of flavor and spice to this simple fra-diavolo inspired shrimp pasta.
13. Chipotle Shrimp Burritos with Avocado Crema
The secret to this avocado crema sauce is in its simplicity. Just 3 ingredients for all that flavor. The secret ingredient is canned green chile enchilada sauce.
14. Tequila Shrimp Taco Salad
How Sweet Eats
Say adios to sad salads, because this chili and tequila spiked shrimp taco salad will be your new favorite way to get your veggies while still feeling like you’re eating a taco.
15. Crispy Baked Garlic Shrimp
Served as a simple appetizer or an easy sheet pan dinner, these baked garlic shrimp crisped with a sprinkle of bread crumbs skip the butter in favor of heart-healthy olive oil.
16. Cauliflower Grits with Spicy Shrimp
Classic comfort food fave shrimp and grits gets a healthy makeover when butter, cream, and cheese-laden grits get traded in for cauliflower (um, genius), and topped with a bed of sautéed greens!
17. One Pan Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
Lemon-garlic-butter shrimp and fresh asparagus get baked together and take just 15 minutes from pan to plate! Serve with potatoes, orzo, quinoa, rice, or pasta if you like.
18. Chipotle Shrimp Bowls
Quick, easy, and totally flavorful, these chipotle lime shrimp bowls with brown rice, black beans, tomatoes and avocado have just the right level of adobo spice with a touch of honey to sweeten up meal prep for any lunch or dinner.
19. Pasta with Shrimp and Feta
Garlicky shrimp and a sherry and feta spiked tomato sauce are a match made in flavor heaven in this easy comfort food pasta.
20. Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Crema
These healthy shrimp tacos with tomatillo salsa, avocado crema, and broccoli slaw couldn’t be easier, and totally fit the bill for Taco Tuesday or dinner any night of the week!
21. 15-Minute Shrimp, Snow Pea, and Ginger Stir Fry
A Beautiful Plate
How can you not love a stir fry that comes together in 15 minutes (or less) from start to finish? This one is loaded with flavor from fresh ginger, scallions, soy and sesame, and is light and healthy too.
22. Honey Lime Coconut Baked Shrimp
Coconut shrimp is a favorite for many reasons, but unfortunately it’s usually fried and full of calories. Here, the shrimp is baked (and still just as crunchy), and it’s tossed with a dreamy honey-lime sauce, instead of one with sugar or corn syrup.
23. Pan Seared Citrus Shrimp
The lush orange and lemon citrus sauce coating the pan-seared shrimp leaves out the butter and cream but will still have you dipping your bread in for more.
24. Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Shrimp Recipes
A Nutritionist Eats
Protein-packed quinoa, mixed greens, cucumber, roasted red peppers, and shrimp get drizzled with an herby lemon-dijon dressing, and sprinkled with feta cheese for a light but satisfying dinner you can feel good about.
25. Spicy Shrimp Bowls with Parmesan Quinoa and Garlic Kale
The Garlic Diaries
A bed of fluffy parmesan quinoa is the perfect base for some garlicky kale and spicy seared shrimp in this amazing 30-minute meal.
26. Sesame Shrimp with Asian Greens Rice Bowl
These delicious bowls include sesame-garlic-ginger shrimp that are seared to perfection, brown rice, and sautéed swiss chard, spinach, and edamame. You can throw them together on a whim too — just plan a little ahead to marinate your shrimp, and then it all comes together in no time.
27. Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Linguini
Apple of My Eye
This easy, no-frills pasta is proof that if you have a few really good ingredients, you can make something sublime. Garlicky shrimp and sautéed onion are tossed with linguini and olive oil, and topped with freshly chopped parsley and grated parm. And with just four steps, it all comes together in 30 minutes.
28. Blackened Shrimp Avocado Burrito Bowls
The Recipe Critic
Ditch the calorie and carb heavy burrito and try this healthy bowl instead, featuring spice-rubbed, blackened shrimp and a creamy Greek yogurt avocado cilantro Ranch. Psst, this one is ready in just 20 minutes.
29. Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Linguine and Zucchini Noodles
Healthy spiralized zucchini, whole wheat linguine pasta, and garlicky shrimp scampi make a perfect weeknight dinner that’s easy to twirl your fork to.
30. Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp Noodle Bowls
How Sweet Eats
These hearty, ultra soothing noodle bowls are loaded up with healthy veggies and rice noodles bathing in a light coconut curry broth that’s lip-smacking good.
31. Honey Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Pretty Little Apron
Honey, lime, garlic, adobo, a bit of butter, and plenty of fresh cilantro come together to make an addicting sauce for this breezy 3-step shrimp recipe. Serve over rice or quinoa, and in tortillas or salads.
32. One-Pot Mexican Shrimp Recipes with Orzo and Zucchini
This easy shrimp, zucchini, and orzo pasta recipe straddles the line between a one-pot pasta a 30-minute meal dinner. But with a healthy dose of zucchini and a bit of heat from Mexican flavors, it should actually fall into the wonder-pot category, because it’s all the healthy flavor bites all in one.
33. Mango Mandarin Sesame Shrimp Salad
Creme De La Crumb
Big Asian flavors make this bright and colorful 30-minute salad sing. Best part? The marinade also doubles as the dressing.
34. Bangin Good Shrimp Recipes
You only need 3 pantry ingredients to make the sauce of this irresistible, low calorie shrimp recipe which you’ll want it on repeat all through the warmer months!
35. Shrimp Lo Mein
This lo mein is the real deal and will totally spoil you so you’ll never want the gloopy takeout version again. Not to mention you can make it in 15 minutes!
36. Chicken and Shrimp Barley Paella
MJ and Hungryman
This healthier take on the classic Spanish dish is a winner. Barley subs in for rice, and the paella is studded with bell pepper, zucchini, and peas. Not only is it hearty and nutritious, it’s also full of great aromas and flavors.
37. Arugula Salad with Pesto Shrimp, Parmesan and White Beans
This Mediterranean-inspired arugula and pesto shrimp salad is not only super simple to prepare ahead of time for lunch, but because you can meal prep it straight from your pantry and freezer, it’s incredibly easy to make on the fly, too.
38. One Pot Thai Shrimp Recipes With Quinoa
One pot is all you need to make this family-friendly, easy weeknight meal that’s healthy and filling. Here, here for barely any cleanup!
39. Healthy Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Is there a shrimp dish more iconic than scampi? We’re big fans of the flavors, but not big fans of the calories (because you know, carbs and lots of butter). That’s why we’re singing the praises of this lighter version made with zucchini noodles and a lot less butter and oil.
40. Kale Salad with Quinoa and Shrimp
Hearty and nutritious, with pops of antioxidant sweetness, this kale and quinoa salad with baked garlic shrimp puts all things super into the epitome of a super, superfood salad.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
40 Healthy Shrimp Recipes | Citrus Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- 1 pound medium Pan-Seared Citrus Shrimp (I use 31/40 shrimp)
- 8 cups greens (such as arugula, spinach, or spring mix)
- Fruity or lemon-flavored extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon or ½ orange
- 1 avocado , sliced or diced
- 1 shallot , minced
- 4 ounces sliced almonds , toasted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the recipe for the Pan-Seared Citrus Shrimp, or gently warm the leftover shrimp. Or, if you prefer, serve the shrimp chilled.
- Toss the shrimp with the salad greens in a large bowl.
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil, and if desired, some of the sauce remaining from the shrimp with a generous squeeze of citrus, and toss lightly to coat.
- Add the avocado, shallots and sliced almonds and then season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
- Use some of the citrus sauce from the shrimp as a double duty dressing.
- Or, if you don't have enough sauce for the dressing, simply use a good extra virgin olive oil (I like the lemon flavored varieties) with an additional squeeze of citrus.
More Great Recipe Ideas
- 50 Favorite Mediterranean Diet Recipes
- 35 Pasta Recipes to Make Now
- 25 Great Ground Beef Recipes
- 50 Dinner Ideas When There’s No Time to Cook
- 50 BEST Salmon Recipes
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more FoodieCrush inspiration.
As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
Thank you for the huge list of amazing shrimp recipes.
thank you for all of this shrimp inspiration, I only really have one regular shrimp recipe so I don’t make it that often, these will help!
I am really excited to have all these favorite shrimps recipe in one place. This is one the favorite seafood in our home. Now I can make these different types of recipes. Thanks for bringing this in one place. Looking forward for more such recipes.
Shrimp in Thai Coconut Sauce and Honey Cilantro Lime Shrimp looks yummy!! Would definitely give it a try. Actually all of them are yummy and looks amazing.