With the 4th of July right around the corner I’m torn on what I’ll be grilling up for the big BBQ shin-dig. Will it be behind door #1: my BBQ Baby Back Ribs. Or door #2: Gorgonzola Cheese Burgers? Or will it be the surprise behind door #3? Oh what could it be? What could it be?
But I have decided one thing. Whatever I make for the main will be happily setting off sparklers with my recipe for Roasted Asparagus with Browned Butter over on Go Bold with Butter blog. I love this recipe so much I had to share.
From what I’ve heard—but can hardly believe—there are some eaters out there that have an aversion to tarragon, sort of like those that don’t like cilantro. Personally, I can’t figure out how either camp could possibly pass on these amazing herbs that add such a unique personality to any dish they jazz up. Maybe that’s it. The camps just don’t have jazz hands.
For me, I love the slightly anise and licorice flavor of Tarragon. Which is the obvious correlation between the fact I’ve never been one to turn down a shot—or a sipping glass—of Jagermeister. I’ll blame my German heritage, it’s in the genes.
Roasted Asparagus with Browned Butter
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Marcona almonds chopped
- juice of half of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 450°F. Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, coating spears evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 8-10 minutes—depending on thickness of spears—until tender.
Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat until melted. Add almonds and stir frequently until butter begins to turn light brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and tarragon.
Plate asparagus and drizzle with butter and almond mixture and serve.
You’ve asked, I’m here to share. Here’s another sneak peak at some of what you’ll see in the summer issue of Foodie Crush. Soon. Verrrry soon.
You’ll have the chance to meet some of summer’s most succulent bounties…
And chill out with some cherries…and meet a plethora of food bloggers in between.
In the meantime, here are a few Friday Faves until the big day arrives.
1. So I have a couple of foodie ideas for the main and side events for my 4th of July BBQ and thanks to Marla, I now have a whole slurry of options for delicious looking red, white and blue desserts. And don’t miss her selection of free patriotic printables to dress up your party.
2. This video had me seriously thinking of new uses for my iPad in the kitchen, especially when I’m wielding a very sharp knife.
3. Erin has inspired me to banish packages from my cupboards in favor of buying in bulk. And finally finding another use for all of those jars!
4. Ever since Twitter bought Tweetdeck and messed around with the functionality I’ve been in mourning for the ease of listing food bloggers. I’m hoping TweetList might bring a sparkle back to my Twitter lists. (via @RecipeGirl)
5. Finally a nutrition chart I can get behind: Fat or Fiction, an infotography chart that tallys up calories, fat and other nutritional values of our favorite cravings in an inventive visual way (via @TheCuisinerd )
Have a fantastic weekend home-fries.
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox