This roasted chickpeas recipe with Parmesan and Tabasco Sauce is salty and savory with a kick from tangy Tabasco Sauce to make a delicious snack or salad topper.
I almost always have a big salad for lunch, because I crave something I can take a serious bite out of. So I’m often looking for new and fun ways to elevate my bowl of greens with little nuggets that bring big flavor and great texture. Something salty and crunchy, like my 3-ingredient Parmesan chickpeas are always invited to the party. This time though, I kicked up the heat with a crispy Tabasco Sauce-spiked version, and I’ve gotta say, these are a new fave.
These spicy roasted chickpeas are a total game changer, and a delicious and easy way to elevate salads like my Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing, or add to your snacking game. They’re also great for entertaining nibbles thanks to the spicy saltiness that pairs so well with a little cocktail in one hand and a handful of chickpeas in the other.
What’s in These Roasted Chickpeas
- Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Canola oil (you could also use olive oil)
How to Make Roasted Chickpeas
Garbanzo beans, chickpeas, whatever you call them, they’re delish, especially when tossed with spicy, tangy Tabasco Sauce and Parmesan, and roasted in the oven until crisp.
Drain, rinse, and dry. Preheat oven to 400°F. Drain and rinse garbanzo beans, then pat dry.
Season, toss, and roast. Place the beans on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or foil. Mix the canola oil and Tabasco together and drizzle over them. Stir to coat.
Roast and season again. Roast the beans for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and season with kosher salt and the Parmesan cheese.
Are Roasted Chickpeas Still Good For You?
Yes! Chickpeas are full of fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals and an important part of many of the Blue Zone diets of the world. They’re also an inexpensive way to incorporate healthy protein into your diet if you’re going for more plant-based meals.
What to Serve With Roasted Chickpeas
These roasted chickpeas are incredibly versatile. Here’s how to serve them:
- Enjoy them as a healthy, protein-packed snack
- Add them to salads (I especially love them in Caesar salads, in lieu of croutons)
- Add to grain bowls
- Incorporate them as part of a snack board or antipasto platter
- Use them as a topper for soups, like my roasted red pepper and tomato soup
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas , drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , finely grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans, then pat dry. Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or foil. Mix the canola oil and Tabasco together and drizzle over the garbanzo beans. Stir to coat.
- Bake the beans for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and season with kosher salt and the Parmesan cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store refrigerated up to 1 week.
More Chickpea Recipes You’ll Love
- Crunchy Green Salad with Dilly Chickpeas and Avocado
- Roasted Chickpeas with Parmesan
- Outrageous Herbaceous Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad with Marinated Chickpeas
- Garlicky Swiss Chard and Chickpeas
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.