What an amazing week its been. So many great projects in the works, a few that I can cross off my to-do list and happiness that daylight savings time is coming on Sunday so I’ll now be able to bug the family while taking photos of dinner recipes actually at dinner time.
GDawg is heading to Vegas for a little NASCAR this weekend so me and Smudge are bacheloretting it. Mani/pedis, pie making, dinner with friends (including her boy-crush) plus a picinic at the park are all on the weekend horizon.
Plus it looks like a little guac making will be in order.
Last week it was hamburgers and root beer that Smudge decided to add to her diet, and now this week its avocados. Whoa, leaps and bounds around here! So we’re going to be dipping our chips into this Chunky Citrus Guacamole. But more on that in a minute.
I’ve been getting a lot of inquiries about the next issue of Foodie Crush magazine and I’m thrilled you actually want to see another one! I’ve been busy planning the next issue and its set to debut in July. Woot!
So, a couple of questions to you, my favorite readers:
- How would you like to view/see the magazine? Do you like reading it online in the flippable page format like the first issue?
- Would you view it on an iPad or Nook format?
- Do you want a printed, hot in your honey little hands version and how much would you pay for that it wouldn’t be cheap due to on-demand printing costs.)
Hey, leave me a comment below with an answer to any of the questions above and I’ll send someone over to clean your house. Or maybe I’ll just give you a heart felt thanks and a virtual bear hug for sharing, I know your time is valuable so I want to make your reading experience the best that it can be.
And now to the fun stuff.
Chunky with a citrus-ey accent, a hit of spice, and just enough girth to make any chip happy, it’s the perfect combo to welcome some spring weather with a few salty corn chips and a nice cold beverage.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
- 5 avocados, chopped
- ⅓ cup white onion, diced
- ⅓ cup tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and veins removed and finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced (1/8 cup)
- 1 small orange, juiced (1/4 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Place avocado, onion, tomato, garlic and jalapeno in a medium size bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine orange and lime juices with chili powder, smoked paprika and salt. Mix well.
- Pour ¾ of the juice mixture over the avocado mixture and gently combine, keeping the avocado chunky. Add more of the juice mixture to taste. Serve with tortilla chips, sliced fresh vegetables or as a topping for a tasty sandwich.
Try these other Foodie Crush recipes on to cure your comfort cravings or keep your health goals intact:
Caesar Salad with Hashbrown Croutons
Roasted Butternut Squash and Turkey Chili with White Beans and Sage
Avocado and Tomato Salad
Nacho Taco Salad
Butternut Squash Lasagna