These sweet and tender honey glazed carrots are steamed and then sautéed in butter, honey, tarragon, and orange zest for an easy, delicious side dish to any meal.
When I think of Easter veggies, the first thing that comes to mind are carrots. They’re the quintessential Easter side dish addition. And while I love my recipe for easy glazed carrots, this recipe here is one of my old favorites and I’ve been making it for years.
A simple—aka light—glaze of honey and butter sweetens up the orange little jewels. Tarragon and orange zest gives them the ying and yang of earthy licorice and fresh citrus in each bite. Kosher salt, just like with everything else, brings out all of the flavors and melds them together.It’s a simple recipe. And for any entertaining cook, that’s the recipe for deliciousness, especially when you’re hosting for the holidays.
What’s in These Sweet Carrots
You only need a few ingredients to make these sweet carrots. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Baby carrots (though you could totally use regular carrots if you wanted—just peel them, cut in half and then halve length-wise
- Honey (or agave)
- Fresh tarragon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Orange zest
How to Make Sweet Carrots
There are only 2 steps for making these sweet carrots, and they come together in no time and are perfectly cooked.
Steam the carrots. In a double boiler or microwave safe bowl, steam carrots for 5-7 minutes or until fork tender.
Make the sweet glaze. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add honey or agave and mix well. Add carrots and tarragon and cook for 2-3 minutes until flavors meld. Season with salt, pepper and orange zest and serve.
How do You Get the Natural Sweetness Out of Carrots
Carrots are naturally very sweet, but cooking them always coaxes out even more sweetness. And, simple, light glazes like the one in this recipe are another way to accentuate the carrots’ natural sweetness.
More Carrot Recipes You’ll Love
- Ginger Carrot Soup
- Easy Glazed Carrots
- Beet, Carrot, and Pomegranate Salad
- Roasted Carrots with Dill Gremolata
- The BEST Carrot Cake
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
Sweet Carrots with Tarragon
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 2 tablespoon tarragon leaves
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- In a double boiler or microwave safe bowl, steam carrots for 5-7 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add honey or agave and mix well. Add carrots and tarragon and cook for 2-3 minutes until flavors meld. Season with salt, pepper and orange zest and serve.
More Easter Side Dishes to Try
- The BEST Au Gratin Potatoes
- Dilled Red Potatoes and Peas
- The BEST Easy Dinner Rolls
- Roasted Beet Salad with Ricotta
- Easy Creamed Swiss Chard with Garlic Breadcrumbs
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.