Happy Friday friends!
The big question I’ve been asking myself recently is, “So Heidi, how’s it going checking off that list of stuff to do on your summer bucket list?” And my answer is, “I am failing miserably!” GAH! I had such grand plans for this summer’s activities and I have totally dropped the ball.
With the beginning of August coming round the horn next week, my bucket list is going to need some trimming down if I’m going to feel I’ve accomplished any of my summer things-to-do goals. I gotta get busy!
One thing I did strike off was Smudge’s 3-day cabin birthday party with her gal pals. So.much.fun.
The girlies spent their time floating on the lake, star-watching (this app is so cool) watching movies, and working on their college scholarships with mega tournaments of Texas Hold ‘Em and blackjack. Hey, if it involves math, it can’t be all bad, right?
They also spent a whole lot of time eating which meant I was cooking because somebody’s gotta put the food on the surf board.
If you’re thinking of hosting a gaggle of people for an extended summer visit, feel free to copy the menu I prepared for those hungry teenage girls and serve it to your own happily-fed guests.
- dinner: These burgers were the request of the birthday girl, with a killer caprese salad, naturally.
- breakfast: Everyone’s favorite baked french toast. I’ve made this for them every single year.
- lunch: My epic sandwich bar always makes them happy, plus handfuls of chips for the salty crunch munch.
- dinner: DIY foil dinners so the girls can do some of the work 🙂
- PLUS! Birthday Cake Pie for the bday girl, our annual tradition.
- breakfast: DIY cereal bar with all the sugary cereals they never get to have at home, hard boiled eggs, our favorite blueberry muffins, and a load of fruit
- lunch: Pesto and mozzarella balls tortellini, everyone’s favorite clam dip, and do it yourself sandwich making on a surfboard
- dinner: Greek lemon marinated chicken, my favorite lemon rice, roasted asparagus and COOKIE S’MORES and DIY cookie ice cream sandwiches
- breakfast: This is the only time of year where I make an exception and serve our only-served-at-Christmas favorite breakfast casserole, because it’s the halfway mark to the holidays and none of us can wait.
And that.is.it. The girls all went home fed, full, and happy and this mama went home to find some peace and quiet and a glass or seven of wine by herself. It was a success all the way around.
But enough about me, let’s dig into this week’s list of Friday Faves.
This could be the funniest thing I think I’ve ever read: What happens when a guy freaks out because he mistook butternut squash for cubed cheese. People are SO CRAZY!
Watermelon salad whoa.
This sheet pan shrimp recipe is the base for your week.
Essential life lesson: How to frost a layer cake.
Oh mama yes. Taco Bell is my man’s fave, he’s going to freak over this recipe.
This noodle salad looks perfect.
These wraps have me craving lunch, like, now.
I LOVE how minimalist these kitchen glasses are. And, on sale!
Yes, this is why I do like to lick my rosé.
We’re all sneaking zucchini into everything right now and these waffles it totally alright.
I can’t get enough tomato salads right now and this one has all the right flavors.
The easiest way to make the best ramen eggs. I hope my man is paying attention.
Hey! Look at that! NYC gets its first doggie café!
Jen and Reese are doing a TV show together?? This is going to be epic.
This is my main challenge: How to NOT start another list and finish the one you have.
They say it takes 21 days to start a habit. But you gotta first get through those 21 days. This may help –> Simple tricks to make habits stick.
Urban legends that are actually true — YES A RAT CAN CRAWL UP A TOILET DRAIN AND LITERALLY SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF YOU because it happened to my husband when we were in Mexico and I saw it with my own eyes!!!
They’ve arrived! The official home design trends of 2017 — so far.
Major backyard envy right here.
I saw this book recommended on one of my recent Friday Faves links so I picked it up at Costco, but I can always use another list of good summer reads.
I am seriously considering getting this lighted iphone case for photos. My man wants it so he can read the menu in restaurants 🙂 hahaha
Final faves in the final days of the half-yearly Nordstrom sale:
- This biker jacket is a much less expensive way to work the trend.
- This new version of my favorite face washer.
- This striped shirt … love the striped pocket!
- The neckline on this simple sheath dress is totally on point.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
Thanks for reading and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox