This irresistible and super easy clam dip with cream cheese is a beloved family recipe and the perfect party appetizer, guaranteed to knock your socks off!
It’s like we don’t want to admit we like clams. But guess what. We do.
I do. You do. We all do.
I know it, because my steamed clam recipe is one of the most popular recipes on the blog. But I mean, why wouldn’t it be? IT’S DIVINE!
I also know we all like clams because this amazingly simple clam dip recipe has been a standard in my family literally for years. Even people who think they don’t like clams LOVE THIS DIP. It’s the number one appetizer recipe I take to any family or friend get-together/party/excuse-to-eat-chips-and-dip above all others.
It’s going to rock your world. Take you to the upside down. And make you want to dip your life away.
How do I know? Because it’s been a family fave FOREVER and it’s about to become your stand-by recipe to take to every.single.function, just like it’s mine.
About the Recipe
This is a classic dip my dad has made forever—and is still the #1 request whenever we’re toghter. I loved it even as a kid when I picked out the clams and ate only the cream cheese. Obviously I got smarter as a I got older.
My family’s recipe is more purist—leaving out our addition of green onions—so as usual, we’ve made the recipe our own.
It’s best to make this dip with room temperature cream cheese. If you don’t have time, pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften before mixing.
This past Christmas vacation at my parent’s house, I finally discovered my dad’s secret to keeping the dip thick and creamy, but still getting that full-on clammy flavor without adding a lot of clam juice to bring it on.
It’s in the MINCED clams. Minced clams—versus chopped clams—disperse the clammy flavor more evenly through the cream cheese.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
The Best Clam Dip Recipe EVER
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 6.5- ounce can of minced clams , drained and juice reserved
- 2 green onions , white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon , juiced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, mash softened cream cheese with a fork until soft and creamy. Slowly add in 1 tablespoon of clam juice while mixing with fork and cream well. Add lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add green onion and clams to mixture. Add a few dashes of Tabasco to taste. If mixture seems thick, add remaining clam juice in one tablespoon increments to desired consistency. Serve with potato chips or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
Thanks for reading and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.