Seriously people, where does the time go?
I recently marked 5 years at my day job, my one year anniversary of blogging, today is the last day of this year’s school year and tomorrow is my baby girl’s 8th birthday. Seriously how does time whiz so quickly by?
Each of these milestones reinforces my resolve to take more time to enjoy the most important people in my life and take control of my own destiny. And I couldn’t be more determined, felt more inspired and have been given more encouragement to do so.
Milestones are the perfect time to take a moment and take a good hard look at our day to day life. Do you live an inspired life? Are you satisfying your creative cravings? Do you give enough of YOU to those around you—not by merely ‘providing’ for those around you but by simply slowing down, listening and interacting personally.
Just like checking your smoke detector every Daylight Savings Time, take the opportunity of these fleeting milestones and set a date to give yourself a happiness check-up. You never know…what you find might take you in a brand new direction to greet your next milestone.
One more item to check off my milestone list is to share the new issue of Foodie Crush with you, coming your way in July. The contributor list is craaazzee awesome. Get ready people, it’s going to be a jam-packed issue.
Chicken Piccata Pasta
- 2 tablespoon canola or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts cubed
- 12 button mushrooms sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter 1 tablespoons reserved
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound rotini pasta cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon slivered
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken pieces and cook for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from pan, add remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté mushrooms for 3-5 minutes, seasoning lightly with salt.
Remove mushrooms from skillet and reduce heat to medium. Add 4 tablespoons butter and whisk in wine and chicken broth and lemon juice. Add tomatoes and capers and cook for 5-8 minutes, reducing wine mixture by one third and tomatoes become soft and skin begins to blister.
Meanwhile heat a small skillet over medium heat and melt remaining tablespoon of butter. Add bread crumbs, stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden, stirring frequently so crumbs don’t burn.
Add pasta, tarragon, chicken and mushrooms to sauce and cook for one minute, tossing to coat. Serve topped with 1 to 2 teaspoons of browned breadcrumbs.
Thank you for sharing in my 10 Friday Faves
1. I love pasta and I love pucker power. My Chicken Piccata Pasta is a smooth mover with a tasty tarty finish.
2. Give your blog a little bling. How did she get glitter to show up online?
3. Emily’s advice for foodies going to this summer’s Evo Conference is spot on, where mega foodies Diane and Todd of White On Rice and Jaden of Steamy Kitchen will be sharing the foodie glam picture taking tips.
5. I’m leaving on a jet plane next week for BlogHer Food and I’m ready to get my Seattlelegs on and meet some great food bloggers. Who’s coming?
6. I’ll be posting another amazing food blogger interview next week (and it’s a MALE!) but to keep you satiated ’til then, check out my interview with the always inspiring and witty Matt Armendariz of Matt Bites
8. Baking bretheren rejoice! Loving the idea behind sharing baking recipes on #breakingbread group on Twitter (via @Breaking_Bread)
9. You remember the postman right? And you do still like getting surprises in the mail—not the IRS kind but the Grandma-just-sent-me a-care-package kind? Check out the fantastic Foodie Pen Pals created by Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean. (thanks MunchiMunch for the intro)
10. Loving cookies—as always. Enter to win a copy of Cookie Cravings, but hurry, deadline is Monday, June 4.
SIGN UP FOR FREE!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING FOODIECRUSH.COM
Subscribe to the FoodieCrush email newsletter and have every new post plus exclusive content delivered straight to your email box,