From vegetable to chicken, creamy to brothy, this list of 30 best comfort soups shows why there’s nothing more comforting than a bowl of healthy, easy soup on a chilly day.
Soup season is here, and like so many of you, I am raising my spoon with glee at the idea of being in the kitchen and cooking a pot (or 30) of my slurp-able favorites. From vegetarian to soup recipes with chicken, from brothy to creamy, healthy to hearty, and stove top to Crockpot, this list of 30 best soup recipes is sure to wrap any eater up like a warm hug, and cure any cold weather blues.
Crockpot & Instant Pot Soups
These delicious soups are made super easy in the Crockpot or Instant Pot and are perfect for busy weeknights.
1. Instant Pot Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
Steve said: “Absolutely amazing flavor. I used real cream for the extra richness. Glad I did. Will make it again and again.”
2. Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup
from Inquiring Chef
David said: “Photos 5 stars, few ingredients always makes me happy, ten minutes prep! Wow. Your posts are so organized! Thank you.”
3. Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean And Sausage Soup
Ronnie said: “ The Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Soup is one of the best soups I’ve ever eaten, more less made. The only change I made in the recipe was using spinach instead of kale…. I will be making another BIG pot soon…..”
4. Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup Recipe
Christopher said: “ I made this on a Sunday afternoon a couple weeks ago and it was absolutely delicious! My wife and I both loved it and enjoyed every sip of leftovers for the rest of the week. Thank you!”
5. Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Vanessa said: “That chicken enchilada soup looks amazing! And I think we can all relate to needing to change our eating habits as we’ve gotten older.”
6. Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup With Sausage And Kale
Gina said: “I just made this last night. It is absolutely delish!!!! My husband and I devoured the entire pot. I used lean spicy turkey sausage instead of sweet ( we love spicy) and it was simply yummy!!!!”
7. Easy Taco Soup (Stove Top, Crock Pot Or Instant Pot)
Malissa said: “ This is so quick and easy to make. Especially for all of you working mom’s with school age children! My family Loved it!”
Don’t be fooled. These soups may be entirely vegetarian, but they are wonderfully savory and filling.
8. Vegetarian Crockpot Lasagna Soup
Anthony said: “ I’ve made this half a dozen times or more now and we love it!! My kids love it even though they are not vegan like we are. Thank you for this recipe! ❤️
9. Curry Lentil Soup With Butternut Squash And Greens
Heather said: “ Fabulous spices and thank you for including instantpot directions!!”
10. Moroccan Soup With Kale And Chickpeas
Marie said: “Just made this recipe from veggies fresh from the farm. It is incredible. The colors are amazing. Seriously yum. And my first time ever cooking with saffron.”
11. Creamy Buffalo Cauliflower Soup
from How Sweet Eats
Leslea said: “So delicious! Made it tonight and even my picky 3 year old had a bowl! Will definitely be making this again.”
12. Cabbage Soup
Melissa said: ”
This is the best vegetable soup!! I’ve made it three times already and have the ingredients to make it again this week!”
13. 5 Ingredient Thai Pumpkin Soup
Olivia said: “Great recipe! I only needed 4 ingredients because I didn’t use the chili pepper garnish since I was only making it for myself. Added chicken and served it over quinoa seasoned with curry powder. Absolutely simple and delicious! Thanks for the recipe!”
Stick to Your Ribs Soups
These recipes toe the line between soups and stews, with their hearty elements that keep your belly warm, full and happy.
14. Chicken, Crab and Andouille Sausage Gumbo Recipe
LD Kay says: “Sept 30 2017, it has rained and hailed all day. Decided this would be the prefect diner. Roux takes a while, always, but I got it to a wonderful milk chocolate color. From there, the recipe was easy to follow. Definitely use the lemon juice, it made all the difference. I added 1 T gumbo filet. My husband was thrilled! Ate two bowls. Really really great recipe.
15. Creamy Bean Soup with Sausage
OraAnna says: ”
One of my all-time favorite soups. I’ve made this several times and really dialed in my favorite version. I leave out the green pepper, use 2 cups of milk and 2 cups of chicken stock, and double the garlic. The last time I made this I used a can of tri-blend beans (red kidney, pinto, black beans) in place of just kidney beans and it was glorious! I’ll eat this for every meal, 3 days in a row.”
16. Easy Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Kathy said: “ Even though I am a small household, cooking a large pot of soup works really well because my 23-year-old son lives with me, and we benefit from having leftovers available. Thank you for this one!”
17. Sausage and Gnocchi Soup
Nikki says: ”
2nd time making this so easy and delicious !! My family has declared the soup of the fall/winter season
18. The Best Cheeseburger Soup
Susan says: ”
It tastes amazing and I have made it for family dinner for about three times and my family has loved it every time.”
Classic Comfort Favorites
The soups you know and love, because you can’t go wrong with the classics.
19. Ina Garten’s Easy Cioppino Recipes
Darrah said: “ I followed this recipe almost exactly maybe a few extra crushed chillies and it was amazing. Here in Copperton, the seafood cost me close to eighty bucks though. I would totally make this again, this fed three and everyone loved it. Served it with rye grain bread.”
20. Egg Drop Soup
from Gimme Some Oven
LC said: “My son and I both love egg drop soup so I doubled the recipe and I’m SO glad I did! We love it! and now we have leftovers. Thanks for sharing this wonderful and easy recipe!”
21. Tomato Basil Soup Recipes
Laura says: “I make this soup at least twice a month. The whole family loves it – it is a cherished family recipe. Thank you!!”
22. The Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes
Georgia said:”This was my first time making soup. This recipe is delicious and easy to follow. My family loved it! Your site is my go-to recipe book when I need to find a good recipe quick and I know it’s going to be good. Thank you for sharing!”
23. How To Make The Best Minestrone Soup
Pam said: “I wanted a really good minestrone soup. Did as you suggested with the homemade beef stock. Was wonderful . Thank you.”
24. Turkey Pot Pie Soup Recipes
Becky said: “Delicious! I used frozen carrots and peas and a large russet potato since that’s what I had on hand. Excellent use of leftover turkey. My kids especially loved making the pie cutouts. Thanks for the recipe.”
25. The Best French Onion Soup
MaryAnn said: “ Onion soup is one of my favorites Heidi! My mother always made it when I was growing up. It was such a special treat! Your fantastic recipe is bringing back some great memories!”
26. Matzo Ball Soup With Chicken Meatballs
Brooke said: “I always enjoy your photos… and recipes! One of the best things I have ever done in my kitchen is going that extra step in making my own chicken broth, nothin’ like it.”
27. Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Creamy tomato and roasted red pepper soup made with roasted fresh tomatoes and red peppers is a silky comfort food soup at its simple best.
28. Market Street Clam Chowder Recipe
Chris said: “Oh my goodness – this recipe must have been created in heaven! Creamy deliciousness with a nice amount of heat. I thought it was even better the next day.. and the next. This is a keeper. I can imagine it with lobster instead of clams. Thank you for sharing.”
29. Broccoli Cheese And Potato Soup
Kayel said: “5 STARS! I added a tad bit of bacon grease and some bacon to this recipe and it was hands down the best soup I’ve ever had. Super excited fall is coming and I can make this soup again. Great recipe with baguettes.”
30. The BEST Split Pea Soup with Ham
This easy split pea soup gets its depth of flavor from sautéed carrots, onion, and celery cooked in a simple broth with smoky ham.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
30 Best Comfort Soups | Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup with Sausage and Kale
- Slow Cooker or Crock Pot
- 1 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup sherry or dry white wine
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 15- ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cups chopped lacinato dinosaur kale veins removed
- 1 pound fresh 3-cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook stirring occasionally until browned. Add the onion and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes then stir in the minced garlic, season with the kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the sherry or white wine and scrape up any fond or bits on the bottom of the pan, cooking until it evaporates.
- Transfer the sausage and vegetables to the insert of the slow cooker. Add the carrots, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Grind in the basil, oregano and parsley and stir. Cover with the lid and set the cooker to low and cook for 3 hours.
- Add the tortellini and the kale to the slow cooker and cook for 30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
More Comfort Food Recipes to Try
- Roasted Mushroom Stroganoff
- Easy Meatballs Recipe
- Oven Roasted Chicken with Lemon Rosemary Garlic Butter
- 5-Ingredient Cacio e Pepe
- Tuscan Beef Stew
- The BEST Baked Mac and Cheese
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more FoodieCrush inspiration.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
Sarah @ Whole and Heavenly Oven
Adding all of these to the soup menu!! Thanks for including my pumpkin beer cheese soup. <3
Ghd Sports App
One of the my favorite soup and waiting for more tasty soup’s
thank you for all of these, maybe best the Easy Taco Soup, yes because its easy, but more so because I love all of those ingredients
Ashley @ Foodie Crush
So easy and so yummy! Thanks Sabrina!
I love the variety of soups you have in this collection. I think I’ll be starting with the clam chowder.
Ashley @ Foodie Crush
So many yummy options!
Ashley @ Foodie Crush
The first soup in the list was my favourite, then the second, then the third!
Sod the visitors. Gonna eat them all.
A very good, no excellant choice. Some I have never heard of but look tasty.
Ashley @ Foodie Crush
Thank you James!
Awesome round-up Heidi. It’s cooooold here in Kansas City, and all I can think about is soup. Adding a bunch of these to my list. And thanks for including my Beef and Barley in the mix!
Ashley @ Foodie Crush
Hope these warm you up!