Ah, Friday. Thank you for finally showing up on my doorstep.
It’s been a week of surprises and quick moves that have called for backbone, agility and patience. Some of the news has been trying for my family and some has given me drive and inspiration. For myself, things are a-changing and I’m totally ready for it. My dance card is filling up. But more on that soon enough.
Lately I’ve had a hankering for pasta. What’s my deal with carbo loading? I’ve been dreaming of salty plus crunchy the little pasta bowl in my head. Feta = salt. Kalamata olives = salt. I think I have it covered.
Greek Lemon Pasta Salad Plus 5 Great Sides
- 1 pound pasta cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 8 ounce jar kalamata olives halved
- 1 6 ounce jar roasted red bell pepper
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fruity olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Assemble dressing: in a small bowl combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper and whisk well to combine. Let sit at room temperature for flavors to blend.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and mix gently. Add feta to top of pasta and let flavors sit for 1/2 hour before serving or overnight.
This weekend we’re mountain bound and we’ll be grilling up this rib recipe, they’ll be just the tip of the culinary iceberg. So it was time to wander through the archives and see which of my favorites would be showing up on the picnic table.
I’ve been so excited to check my email each day and see the submissions for your frozen treat recipe for the next issue of Foodie Crush. If you’d like to submit, you still have time to shoot them my way!