With the addition of whole wheat noodles, this classic Mediterranean Greek pasta salad with artichokes and olives just got a healthy upgrade.
This recipe is brought to you by DeLallo Foods
If you invited me to bring a pasta salad to your party, the odds are high it would be this Greek pasta salad. Similar but different than my Greek Pasta Salad with Cucumbers and Artichoke Hearts and my Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad, this baby nails my go-to flavor profile, brimming with the tang of all my favorite Greek food flavors.
Even more, since it’s made with whole wheat pasta noodles, it’s a healthful pasta salad option too. Add to that the fact it’s quick and easy to make, and this pasta salad will keep your Greek-style cravings cured all day long.
What’s In This Greek Pasta Salad
This recipe incorporates all of the tangy, good for you Mediterranean flavors you’d expect from an easy pasta salad.
Here’s what’s in this Greek pasta salad:
- DeLallo organic whole wheat pasta
- Cherry tomatoes
- DeLallo roasted red bell peppers
- DeLallo Greek pitted kalamata olives
- DeLallo quartered artichoke hearts in brine. I prefer the canned artichokes in brine rather than marinade so the artichoke flavor is more pure.
- DeLallo capers
- DeLallo Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- DeLallo Balsamic Vinegar of Moderna
- Dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil
- Feta cheese
The Best Whole Wheat Pasta
What sets DeLallo whole wheat pasta apart from the rest is its flavor and texture that makes believers of whole wheat pasta doubters. Made with organic semolina from the plains of Puglia, Italy, DeLallo adds the same quality and standards into their whole wheat pastas as their semolina noodles.
Whole wheat pasta is more toothsome than semolina flour pasta, so while it may seem undercooked when done, it might actually be just right. Follow the package directions for the best results.
How to Make This Pasta Salad
Cook the whole wheat pasta. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, which usually suggests 10-12 minutes, but start checking it at about 8 minutes. Overcooked pasta can become gummy, so watch your time.
While the pasta is cooking, prep the vegetables. DeLallo’s olives, capers, roasted red peppers, and artichoke hearts add the high quality Mediterranean tang I crave. I use artichokes and olives in brine rather than a seasoned oil. The unflavored veg taste more natural where veg packed in oil changes the flavor of the dressing.
Greek Pasta Salad Dressing
To make the dressing, use a glass jar with a lid. Add all of the ingredients, and shake until combined. It’s the easiest way to make vinaigrette!
The pasta will soak up the dressing the longer it sits, especially if refrigerated, so you may want to make extra. If you must refrigerate before serving, you may want to make an extra dose of the balsamic vinaigrette to freshen up the pasta before serving.
What to Eat With This Pasta Salad
- This recipe makes for a great lunch or meatless meal for two. If you’re making for a crowd, feel free to double the recipe.
- While this makes for a delicious meatless meal, it’s dang tasty topped with water packed tuna or a few slices of baked chicken breast to compliment the mediterranean flavors.
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- The Best Greek Chicken Marinade
- Roasted Turkey Breast with Lemon and Oregano
- Easy Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- Garlic and Herb Rub Pork Tenderloin
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
Greek Pasta Salad with Whole Wheat Noodles
- 1/2 pound whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts , halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives , halved
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers , roughly chopped
- 1/4 tablespoons capers , drained
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic , minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup basil , slivered
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the whole wheat pasta and according to the package directions, or until al dente. Drain the pasta, lightly rinse, cool, and place in large mixing bowl.
- To the pasta, add the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, roasted bell peppers, and capers. In a small jar with a lid, combine the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, sugar, kosher salt and black pepper, and shake well to combine. Pour the dressing over pasta, and mix well.
- Season with more kosher salt and black pepper to taste, and garnish with the slivered basil and crumbled feta cheese. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad with Pepperoni
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Kale Caesar Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad
- 30 Pasta Salad Recipes to Make All Summer Long
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.