This Mediterranean breakfast strata with sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, mozzarella, and Parmesan is versatile and so easy to make.
When nights turn into days and the list of weekend to-dos include brunch or make ahead lunch or just planning ahead for a different take on dinner for Monday night, I go for egg soaked bread, cheese and some extra additions that create a heavenly meld with aforementioned egg, bread and cheese.
Breakfast or dinner, this Mediterranean Strata goes both ways. It’s open minded that way Which pretty much leaves the playing field wide open.
Some people that know me probably think I live on this stuff. Stratas are my standard bring along when I’m asked to bring a breakfast for a baby shower brunch or when I’m on breakfast duty during our yearly girl’s get away weekend. I’m fine by that.
I’ll leave the jello shots to my college roomies who end up with the more technical part of the bargain.
Now with this Mediterranean Strata recipe, it really can morph to fit whatever your taste desires or what you can scrounge up from the cupboard or fridge. Heck, throw in the kitchen sink if you want.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
Mediterranean Breakfast Strata
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 shallots , minced
- 1 cup button mushrooms , sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 6 cups white bread , cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts , cut into 1/8ths
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives , quartered
- 1/4 cup marinated sun dried tomatoes , slivered
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese , plus additional for topping
- 4 ounces or 1 cup Ciliegine Fresh Mozzarella cheese balls , halved
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup basil leaves , slivered
- Kosher salt
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter. For individual stratas, brush insides of four 1-cup baking dishes. If serving family style, brush inside of 2-quart baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add garlic and shallot; sauté for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and marjoram and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat and place mushroom mixture in large bowl with bread chunks, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan and Fresh Mozzarella and stir to mix. Season lightly with kosher salt. Fill baking dishes evenly with the bread mixture.
- In 4-cup liquid measuring cup, mix eggs with half and half and pour 1 cup of egg mixture evenly over bread in each dish. Garnish with basil and more Parmesan.
- Place baking dishes on a baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes or until eggs have set. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
You’ve gotta see it to believe it. A healthy take on the uber trendy Ramen burger: Spiralized sweet potatoes are the bun for a super healthy spiralized turkey burger with avocado goat cheese spread. Beyond inspired!
Say it isn’t so! She isn’t coming back to the next season of Orange Is the New Black?
Get sipping before it’s gone: 50 sensational summer sangria recipes.
Bloggers, how much do you charge for a sponsored post? “You may be asking yourself, “does she really charge that much?” And the answer is yes, yes I do. ” Real numbers, real advice.
This weekend tote. There’s only 3 left. Do I or don’t I?
Top 5 thrift store entertaining finds. Let’s party.
I own two of her amazingly not typical prints and covet her simplistic style, so I was thrilled to catch this behind the scenes Q&A with animal photographer Sharon Montrose. Besides that, how gorgeous is she?
Speaking of, I’m not even going to tease this one, but if you want a laugh you have to look. #8 killed me, but he could really use a neuter.
You always wondered, now you know. What to do with 10 pounds of cherries.
“Everyone’s trying to pitch everything but nobody knows how to pitch anything.” Do not pitch yourself like this. Ever.
I’m on the lackadaisical side of cautionary warnings, but when my husband took alert, I paid attention and changed my smart phone settings so predators lurking on my camera phone pics can’t stalk me and my family.
This week’s virtual dinner buffet: Sriracha Bloody Marys, Warm Potato Salad with Chorizo and Cotija, Grilled Salmon with Romanesco Sauce, Burnt Sugar Ice Cream with Chocolate Bits, and Spicy Peach and Yellow Tomato Jam.
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.