Burger bashes are one of the easiest and best reasons to gather a few friends or family for an impromptu summer gig. Heat up the grill, spread out some yummy condiments and you’re in business.
I was recently asked to contribute to the burger madness with an entertaining article at Eat Wisconsin Cheese and share a few of my favorite burger craving recipes. Really? You want me to create recipes that are meaty, juicy and feature CHEESE? Sounds like a regular summer weekend at casa de Larsen.
And now a few Friday Faves:
1. I’m off to Seattle with umbrella and empty coffee mug in hand for a weekend at he annual BlogHer Food Conference. Me and my roomie Kelly will surely be whisked into food blog overload and I can’t wait to meet so many online friends in person. Who else is going and when can we meet?
2. With the next issue of Foodie Crush coming out in July I’ve been getting some big, gorgeous photo files from some amazing talents like Jen, Kathryne and Jules—and that’s just the tip of the talent iceberg my friends. I have a subscription with You Send It and use Dropbox all the time, but recently discovered another free file sharing service Ge.tt that I’ll probably be giving a go. Simply sign up and get 2 GB of storage for free.
3. I had a blast interviewing Brian of A Thought for Food and was so happy to share it with you this week. The interview and post chat was so much fun—seems we always have more to say once the i-camera shuts down—but man do I ever need to polish my video editing skills! Regardless, his voice and views are a delight to meet ala video.
3. And thanks to Brian I became smitten with Russell’s Classic Chocolate Cake Recipe and video. Chocoholics beware.
4. Kristen introduced me to about.me. I’m not sure why yet I needed to create my profile but you probably should claim your stake too. Check out Kristen’s profile, it’s pretty dope. And yes, that photo of her might just be part of a bigger something in the next issue of Foodie Crush mag—WOOT!
5. I’ve been following the Blog Brunch tweet-ups (#blogbrunch) the first Saturday of every month to get tips on a rotating series of topics all about blogging and community building. I was stoked to see designer cum food blogger Kristen of The Cuisinerd selected as their blogger of the month and featured on their blog this week. Cute interview of a talented lady.
6. While I’m away at BlogHer Food this weekend my local farmer’s market will be opening for the summer. Can’t wait to get my hands on some summer produce. I feel like that old Mervyn’s commercial with the customers clammoring at the closed doors waiting for it to “open,open,open.”
7. So. Are you on Linked In? I’m not super active, but will need to remedy that soon. If you have an account its time to check your securities settings after 6.46 million LinkedIn passwords have been leaked online. Check to see if yours was one that was hacked at Leaked In (via Skillcrush)
8. And speaking of security and updates, Cara at Cara’s Cravings let us know that there’s a workaround in Facebook to get your “show in newsfeeds” to display. Are they just trying to make it hard?
9. What a summer bucket list! Check out Kelly’s goal of eating her way through all 50 states with great photography and tasty recipes via the humble sandwich at The Stately Sandwich (via Wit and Delight)
10. And in anticipation of some fairly major shifts coming my way soon, I’m going to get busy reading David Allen’s Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress Free Productivity. Stress. Free. Fingers crossed.