I asked. You replied. And now here I am, delivering.
When I asked you on Facebook if you’re craving a new recipe with chicken or one with cheese, some said one, the rest said the other. But most of you said, “BOTH!”
Yesterday I fulfilled your request for chicken when I delivered these chicken wings. Today I’m passing out the chips (or veggies if you please) to dig yourself deep into some serious dipping of chicken AND two kinds of cheese. In buffalo sauce. And even more cheese of the blue veined variety.
Because that’s just the kind of gal in the kitchen that I am.
But I owe you a recipe that’s a bit more enticing than that, but something that is just as easy to pull together.
This party dip recipe…could it get any easier? I’d dare say, not.
About the recipe
There’s not much prep to this recipe. Unless you count chopping some already cooked chicken (grab it from the grocery store rotisserie birds), shredding and crumbling some cheese (boom, done and done) and chopping up a few green onions (green and white parts please).
I used three kinds of cheese for this dip: Cream cheese, Colby jack, blue cheese. And then I had to add one more just to ensure some serious stringing of the cheese: Mozzarella. Instead of cooking it with the rest, I stir in the mozz at the very end, and we have a serious melty cheese dip.
I add sour cream, garlic salt and onion powder to replicate the flavors and tang that ranch dressing would provide. If you want, you could use 1/2 – 3/4 cup of store bought Ranch dressing instead of the sour cream, garlic salt and onion powder.
If you’re serving this for a buffet or game day and need to keep it hot, lower the temp of the slow cooker to warm, keep it covered and leave it for your guests to help themselves.
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, cut into quarters
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken (about 2 breasts)
- 3 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce or other vinegar based hot sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Layer the cream cheese on the bottom of the bowl of a slow cooker. Top with chopped chicken, shredded colby jack cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, half of the green onions and half of the blue cheese crumbles. Sprinkle with the garlic salt and onion powder. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours or until the colby jack cheese has melted.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and garnish with the remaining green onion and the remaining blue cheese. Serve buffet style straight from the slow cooker or transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately. Serve with tortilla chips or sliced carrots and celery.
Thanks for stopping by and visiting FoodieCrush. Have something to say? I’d love to hear from you. Let me know in the comments below.
Make it a great day and cook something good.
As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
Thanks for reading and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.