The turkey has been carved, the last bits of gravy have been slurped up with a soft white roll and the last few pieces of pie have been doled out to departing family as the last memories of yet another thankful Thanksgiving.
Now let’s get to the good stuff: Christmas cookies!
While this recipe for Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies may not scream holidays, it is a really taaaaaasty cookie and should absolutely be relished thanks to its super dunking abilities. But if you’re looking for peppermint, coconut or biscotti I have the recipes for you.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- ¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks) , softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream butter, and sugars until light and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix to combine.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together and slowly add to butter mixture until just combined. Add peanut butter chips and chocolate chips and gently combine with fingers. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet topped with parchment paper. Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes or until cookies begin to brown on edges but still soft in center. Remove from oven and let cool.
If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you’ve seen a few teases of a new ebook I’ve created with Maria of Two Peas and Their Pod. Oh yes it is time my friend for more sugar, chocolate and cookie dunking!