Green Beans with Shiitake Mushrooms
- Bon Appetit Magazine November 2001
- 6 tablespoons butter ¾ stick
- 2 shallots sliced thinly
- 2 pounds fresh green beans trimmed
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2/3 cup low-fat chicken broth
- Over medium-high heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a sauté pan. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- In same pan, sauté onion and garlic in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter for 2 minutes.
- Add green beans and chicken broth. Simmer until liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms back into pan and warm through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.