This simple cucumber salad is loaded with flavor from chopped red onion, fresh mint and dill, and tangy feta cheese drizzled with lemon and olive oil.
Another cucumber-obsessed, husband-approved salad is in the books. Success is mine, especially when it comes to extra-effortless, bracingly-fresh side salads like this one.
This Mediterranean cucumber salad brings the cooling cuke crunch, red onion heat, fresh herby zip, and feta-fied tang that any hot summer meal needs. Simply drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice, there isn’t much this salad wouldn’t match on your plate for brunch, lunch, or dinner. So go ahead, dig in, and see what my husband is talking about.
What’s In Cucumber Feta Salad
Like any recipe with just a few simple ingredients, choose the freshest and best quality you can find.
- Cucumber: Choose a thin-skinned cucumber such as English or Persian cucumbers
- Red onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh mint
- Fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Feta cheese: Choose feta sold brined in blocks. Avoid the pre-crumbled feta that can be dry and chalky due to its non-clumping coating.
How to Make This Cucumber Salad
Start with chopping the fresh ingredients. Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise then slice into half moons. If using cucumbers that have tough skin, peel before slicing. Next, chop the red onion and roughly chopped fresh herbs.
No need for whisking the dressing, just drizzle. Drizzle the cucumber and onion with the olive oil and lemon juice and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper then toss to coat.
Add fresh herbs and briny feta for maximum flavor-flave. Here comes the flavor! Gently toss the herbs with the cucumber then top with big chunks of feta. Fold the feta into the cucumber where it will break down into the salad, or leave it on top in big chunks and let it settle in with each spoonful served.
Serve this salad the day it’s made. When sprinkled with salt the cucumbers release juice as they rest, so this salad is best when served straight away or day it’s made, but still tastes good the following day.
What to Serve With This Cucumber Salad
- 50 Favorite Mediterranean Diet Recipes
- Chicken Caprese Sandwich
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Easy Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- The Best Greek Chicken Marinade
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
Herbed Cucumber and Feta Salad
- 4 cups cucumber , such as English or Persian cucumbers, halved then sliced into rounds
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese , crumbled
- Add the cucumbers and red onion to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss to coat. Add the mint, dill, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper and toss again. Top with crumbled chunks of feta cheese and taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper to your taste. This salad is best served chilled the day it's made but will last in the fridge for 2-3 days.
More Simple Salads With Crunch
- Fattoush Salad
- Mediterranean Kale Salad
- Cucumber Salad With Dill
- Celery Slaw With Apple and Blue Cheese
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.