The time is drawing near as we will soon be gazing upon the backside of the great pumpkin Charlie Brown. Does that mean the plethora of pumpkin recipes will be waning as well? Maybe. Maybe not.
According to one of my favoritely designed magazine (yes, I make up words to possibly be even more descriptive), the number of pumpkin dishes in chain restaurants are at an all time high and pumpkin drinks have increased by 400 percent. Does this mean we will soon be enjoying a deep-fried Blooming Pumpkin or maybe a pumpkin McRib latte?
It very well could all be on the horizon.
In the meantime, I too am still on a pumpkin binge, with a recipe that will carry me all the way through the holidaze: Pumpkin Gruyere Gourgeres. Get it, make it and pop it in yo’ mouth. Very much not like a Pumpkin Stuffed Crust Pizza. Hey wait, I’m getting an idea…
Until then…a few Friday Faves.
1. Amy has created the smartest baby shower petit fours ever with this super easy, maybe a little cheatin’ creation. I can see me customizing these for a halloween or holiday party too.
3. If you’re as addicted to Instagram as me, this could be for you.
4. Happy and excited for Melissa and Erin’s new adventure that will help food bloggers along the way.
5. Who doesn’t love getting holiday surprises in the mail? I missed it last year but I’m not missing out this time thanks to Lindsey and Julie hosting this swappalicious philanthropic affair once again.
6. It’s not too early to start saving for the ultimate gift for the backyard farmer.
7. Have you heard about the Paleo diet lifestyle? Heather is educating me every day and I must admit I’m intrigued…and excited to work with her to create her new e-book. But what will I do with all of my cheese?
8. But first I’ll be busy delivering Lisa’s e-book soon after her other big delivery.
9. I can’t wait to get my new stylus and try out this app, putting my font making skills to work.
10. ‘Tis the political season and I think this political debate might be the most engaging way Smudge and I can get into the nitty gritty of the details.
11. My favorite quote of the week: “You’re hungry? Eat an apple. You don’t want an apple? You must not be hungry.” —Joy the Baker’s mama
Enjoy the last weekend of October and make yourself something good.
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox