Like sand through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.
Wait. Strike that.
Like frosting that’s licked off the spatula, so are the days of our lives.
Now, THAT’s more like it.
This week started off sweet, hit a melancholy stride midway through, and finished off with a brighter outlook to new beginnings.
I spent President’s Day skiing with my girl, my man and friends which made Sunday and Monday’s winter blues slip, slide away. Not because of too much snow, but not enough. Don’t hate me East coasters, but this winter you stole our thunder.
Mid-week I took a quick trip with dear friends to celebrate the life of the father of one of my bestie’s. What a tribute to a man so well regarded and respected which in turn gave me a reality check, to remind me that how I treat people now is how they will treat me when I’m gone.
And I basked in the happiness spring like a salad with carrots can bring. Even if they are short and stubby.
This weekend I’m hoping to make some time to dig around in the yard, host dinner with friends and maybe hit the slopes to take advantage of the soon to be melting snow.
You can always follow along to see more of me behind the scenes on Instagram.
And even if we’re friends on Facebook, you’re probably not seeing most of the FoodieCrush posts thanks to the Facebook’s new style of doing business. Now, bloggers and small business owners have to pay to for our stuff to show up to the people who have opted to follow us.
So, if you’d like to stay in touch, here are a few ways to do so, because we’re friends like that:
1. On Facebook, visit me here and then hover over the “Liked” button in the top right hand corner and click “Get Notifications.” Hey look, there we go. No more Farmville or Candy Crush. Just more deliciousness.
2. Sign up to have FoodieCrush delivered straight to your inbox. You can almost smell what’s cooking.
3. Follow along on Feedly, Blog Lovin’ or another RSS feed along with all of your other favorite blogs.
4. Send smoke signals, notes via carrier pigeon, or email me here.
What’s up on your weekend schedule? What are your Friday Faves? And what’ll you be cooking up this weekend? As always, the fun starts in the comments below.
But first, a Friday dose of this week’s faves.
1. Funny. Why celery will never be one of the big guys, like heirloom tomatoes, kale and, yes, even Brussels sprouts. The first minute is my favorite part.
2. This is it! I’ve done it, I’ve done it, I’ve done it!!! I finally found the app I’ve been searching for to make gmail work for me. Highly recommend. Get it!
3. This is a totalllllly awesome trip down memory lane for all of you mallrats.
4. Great tips, especially, “Change your routine to change your life.” How six highly productive (and hence, respected) bloggers get so much done.
5. After hanging onto this cookbook I checked out from the library weeks ago, I finally bought a copy for myself.
6. Swoon. A poetic ode to Tim Riggins.
7. Here’s what’s inside the $80,000 Oscar contender’s goodie bags. Seriously, a robotic hair replacement system?
8. Faces of Olympic figure skating. Apparently someone didn’t really feel like smiling.
9. Take this: The ultimate clean eating shopping list.
10. Model behavior: This food blog makes eating with your mouth open perfectly acceptable.
11. Prime vs. zoom. What the heck’s the difference in the lens? This is.
12. 25 foods you have to eat before you die, here.
13. I think most of you will agree, it’s time for the snow to go away so I can wear these.
14. Time to start prepping for braving the dressing room fluorescent lights. Check out these 50 swimsuits under $50.
15. I need these reminders to love thyself. My favorite: Dream big, plan bigger.
16. I want to know how to create an Instagram cooking show like this one,
17. I found this tutorial on editing Instagram videos, with the best part being the list of video makers on Instagram to follow
18. I haven’t yet created one. Stay tuned.
19. These shoes would surely brighten up my day.
20. 10 things you didn’t know you could make with avocados.
21. Your husband would never lie to you. Or would he?
22. Cute! Free donut printables.
24. So much social media isn’t very social. Tips to get back to the basics.
25. Tweet of the week: RT @natgeo: Friday Fact: One chocolate chip can give a person enough energy to walk 150 feet (46 meters).
And then of course because there’s always room for a little recipe inspiration,
No-bake Toasted Coconut Bars
This one hit a chord because I’m a coconut-nut and have a penchant for cooking stuff on my own time that doesn’t take a lot of time. Recipe here.
Brunch, it’s my weak spot. But what’s with this Çilbir? This is a total game changer. Bring it. Recipe here.
Mexican Egg and Sweet Potato Scramble
And then there’s this, that has all the makings for becoming a favorite of my man’s, but with just a shake or eleven more of hot sauce, because that’s how he does it. #spicy. Recipe here.
Garlicky Kale with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes + Cheesy Brown Rice Farina “Grits”
Grains with a twist? I’m in. Especially when there’s cheese and veggies involved. Recipe here.
Italian Sausage and Bean Soup
Okay, so it doesn’t have pasta in it, but that doesn’t make this soup any less addicting. This one. Oh this is the one. Recipe here.
Good stuff, right? Have a fab weekend ya’ll. Cook it up.
As always, thanks for reading. And thanks for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. This post contains affiliate links.