Hello and happy Friday!
At the beginning of the year I sat down and made a list. Not a list of additions to my daily to-dos or of resolutions meant to make me better in the upcoming year.
The list I’m focusing my energy on now is a to-BE list.
My to-be list focuses on being instead of doing. Thriving rather than just surviving. Living, loving, and respecting myself and others more.
Here are a few things on my to-be list:
- Be early, not just on time.
- Be more more plant-centric and eat less meat.
- Be more present and slow down. Enjoy!
- Be more of a daily documenter by taking more photos of my family, not just food—even though my breakfasts with my poached eggs above are pretty photo friendly.
- Be a better friend. Check in and spend more time together.
- Be more romantic, be more affectionate, make more dates, and have more sex. Rarrrrrrr.
- Be a better golfer. And have fun working at it (if that’s possible.)
- Be an anticipator instead of a procrastinator, and get sh*t done!
- Be more adventurous and make more travel plans.
- Be kinder to myself with self-care. And how about weekly flower pick me ups?!!?
So that’s my list. What would you put on yours?
But enough about my lists, let’s dig into this week’s list of Friday Faves!
My husband asked I share the video below for all the husbands out there who aren’t as fond of Target as their wives.
My friend told me about this Instagram account that will make you wonder how people in the air can possibly think their behavior is acceptable??!! Good grief!
Over the years we’ve fostered so many dogs we can’t count, and here’s 12 fill-you-up reasons you should foster too.
Why we have the need for others to like us.
The 1 thing Oprah learned after interviewing 37,000 people.
Here’s how this blogging couple in China keeps up their food blog in the middle of the quarantine.
5 tips I learned from working for Alton Brown. (not me, the author.)
This tortellini soup is all you need to take away the chill.
A Thai cashew chicken recipe ready for weeknight.
I LOVE a good, protein packed red beans and rice!
These mini chicken pot pies might save me from eating a whole pan.
Veggies are at the center of this recipe list:
- This looks so good –> a vegetarian paella that will have you spinning with glee in that red flamenco dress.
- These vegetarian poke bowls topped with a spicy yum yum sauce are literally yum yum.
- This roasted sweet potato salad makes a healthy main meal just as tasty as it does a side.
- These whole food veggie bowls are totally in line with my eating goals.
I made my Dutch baby for breakfast this past weekend and now need to think about making it for dessert too.
A bunch of recipes to satiate my love of Meyer lemons.
Food art alert! These rice ball sculptures are adorable!
A comfort food match up: French onion mac and cheese.
I’m just like her and this Asian noodle bowl is bringing me to my knees.
A few tips for your work/life situation:
- If you work from home, these are some good tips to keep your work from taking over your life.
- Stop! The big tip to boost productivity.
- Here’s why your cluttered inbox leaves you stressed at the end of the day.
Easter will be here soon! Get your bunny succulent here.
My daughter might have a few tips to add to this: How to thrift like an expert.
My friend couldn’t quit raving about this all natural, clean lip color in Bare she found at a Good pop-up and so naturally I ordered it immediately.
My favorite wine glasses are 40% off.
These gorgeous photos will show you why eloping might just be the best way to get ‘er done.
I’ve had a pair of leggings like these for two years, and suddenly they’re the hot thang!
This sunny blouse will totally blow your winter blues away. And it’s on sale.
That’s it for this week. Make it a great weekend TO BE!
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more FoodieCrush inspiration.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
Rate & Comment