Hello and happy 3-day-weekend, beginning-of-summer, let’s start-living-your-summer-bucket-list Friday!
So, are you one of those who sets out their summer goals and creates a summer bucket list of all of the fun things you hope to accomplish in three months time? It’s always a good idea to have a master plan, and bucket lists not only give you idea, they remind you to take time for yourself and others, too.
Bucket lists don’t have to be just for the kids to keep them busy, it’s time for adults to have some fun, because hey! We’re kids too!
Here are a few examples to help you get yours started here, here and here to get yours started. I am starting mine in the notes section of my phone so I can add to it when something hits me and I get inspired. Maybe I’ll have to do a post to share, and really commit myself!
So far my list is short, but I have plenty of things in mind, starting with:
- Read more, every single day, something entertaining but not online, nor from a magazine or business book. Like an ACTUAL NOVEL!
- Organize my stash of greeting cards.
- Start a Monday Funday where I take Smudge and her gal pals on some sort of fun adventure.
- AND MORRRREEE!
This week my husband took me on a day date. We go to lunch at least once a week together and this time hit up a new to us spot in Park City called Five5eeds (pictured above) where the hipster vibe is alive and well and breakfast is served all day. I had blackened shrimp tacos, he had a grass-fed organic cheeseburger and fries, but the best part of lunch was a fresh spring vegetable gnocchi soup. That’s the type of eats that’ll get us going back again and again.
Totally keeping day dates on the bucket list. What’ll be on yours? E-mail me back or let us know in the comments below.
But enough about me, let’s dig into this week’s Friday Faves! Enjoy!
This salad is SO MY SUMMER STYLE.
Alert! Another cinnamon roll recipe alert!
And like my obsession with cinnamon rolls, I’m obsessed with achieving the perfect hard boiled egg. This post is sure to help.
This grilled chicken is definitely on the summer bucket list.
These kebabs. Perfection.
She says this is the gateway to summer BBQ-ing. I’d have to agree.
Pudding cake? Sounds divine!
These 3-ingredient cocktails are going to save my summer, because when I want a cocktail, I want it NOW.
I am totally going to have my daughter make this as a summer project. For me.
Temptation bundling: it sounds like such a smart plan to get through the crappy stuff by doing things you enjoy. I gotta try it.
This happens to my husband all the time.
Finally! We went to the first farmers market of the year here in our area, and our first stop was our favorite local, small batch ice cream maker. Her rocky road is INSANE! I shared this on my Instagram stories, are you following me there? It’s where I share many of my favorite spots to see, where to eat and what to do !!
Like I mentioned above, the number one thing on my bucket list is to read every.single.day. Not online. Not on my phone. Not magazines or business books. Just pure escapism. I asked my friend Caroline—a prolific reader—for suggestions, and now for your reading pleasure, here are her recs. Thanks Caroline!
- Today Will Be Different (also wrote Where’d You Go Bernadette? which she loved)
- Truly Madly Guilty (new Liane Moriarty for a summer read when life gets to be too much)
- Under Different Stars series (young adult meets mom’s who wish they were still young. Sci fi, love triangle, young female lead, total guilty pleasure.)
And, two more young adult series that were so well written:
As we grow older, we realize what’s most important. Why I don’t have time for fake friends.
If you’re a woman of ANY age, this is a must read.
As usual, I ran out of all my makeup at once. Here’s what I bought this week:
- This eyebrow pencil. I finally caved in to the hype because the make-up stylist’s brows were totally fab and he said it was a must. Now I know for myself why there’s the hype.
- This foundation, it covers well but is light enough for summer.
- My FAVORITE under eye concealer ever. I don’t know that I’ll ever switch.
- My favorite blush. Yes, the name accurately depicts the color.
- This mascara, which I’m not totally crazy about but I have to use waterproof so my eye lashes stay curled, and because I cry at the mention of anyone doing something awesome. So weird, I don’t cry when I’m sad, I cry when I’m happy for others. I am weird. Does anyone have a favorite waterproof mascara they love?
- This is STILL my most favorite addition to my make up bag in years.
- And now that it’s summer, it’s time for this sunscreen that my dermatologist says is the best.
These guys are the CUTEST! (and for such a great cause!)
We’re all given the same white walls to live within, but look what she did with hers!
Wait. This is a pool house? I’d be more than happy to live in it.
A comprehensive road trip checklist. Get it!
Camping and outdoor alert: The only thing you should do when a tick lands on you. Ew.
And there you have it! Have a great Memorial Day weekend friends, travel safe, and catch you on the flip side.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
Thanks for reading and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.
SIGN UP FOR FREE!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING FOODIECRUSH.COM
Subscribe to the FoodieCrush email newsletter and have every new post plus exclusive content delivered straight to your email box,