Summer delivers all sorts of cooking inspiration with piles of fresh produce and plenty of invitations to backyard barbecues, camp outs, and pool parties. But with the days getting shorter and school starting up again you may be like me and wonder, where did my summer go???
Each summer we make our summer bucket lists of all the things to do, to live, and to fill our days with meaning. For me, that means cooking is absolutely in the mix, and my bucket list of recipes seems to keep growing and growing.
So while everyone is looking forward to beating the back to school blues, we’re living in the now and finishing off our summer bucket recipe list.
If you feel like your warm-weather cooking is withering like an under-watered tomato plant, this list of 21 must-make recipes to make before summer sings its swan song should put some inspiration back into your kitchen.
Each one is simple enough to get you out of the kitchen without breaking a sweat, but adds a unique flair to many of our favorite dishes. Let’s get cooking!
21 Recipes to Fill Up Your Summer Bucket List
- My light and juicy turkey burgers go vial during cookout season, and for good reason –> they’re healthy, delicious, and nobody will ever ask, “Where’s the beef?”
- I can’t stop, won’t stop making this essential summer pasta salad. My husband has declared it his summer favorite and I took it to a party just last night.
- Buttery shortbread crust with smooth chocolate ganache and a show-stopping toasty marshmallow finish. I can just feel my teeth sinking into these toasted s’mores squares.
- Forget about the boring cob with butter, this grilled Mexican street corn salad is where summer bites are at.
- We’ve all made tried and true pulled pork for family get-togethers, so it’s definitely time to try this amped up version with sweet pineapple and just the right kick from spicy jalapeños.
- This summer salad was close to being my most popular Instagram post of the summer. And for good reason! Make if yourself, take a pic with the tag #foodiecrusheats and I’ll share yours on my InstaStories. Or any FoodieCrush recipe, too.
- If you’ve ever cooked a traditional tin foil dinner, you’ve GOT to add this Philly Cheesesteak version with melty provolone to your list (camping optional).
- While you’ve got the tin foil handy, save room for this over-the-top grilled donut sandwich situation, customized with Nutella, marshmallow and berries.
- Whether or not you’ve been low-carbing it this swimsuit season, try this secret ingredient low carb “potato” salad for a healthier twist. Whoda thunk?
- Summer veggie salads are always a crowd pleaser and this one is topped with a zesty lime vinaigrette for the perfect side to any summer meal.
- Don’t miss this easy-peasy side or lighter main dish with a gorgeous mix of blueberries, kale, crunchy sunflower seeds and a simple secret ingredient to make meal prep a snap.
- I am totally ready to cover the tables with newspapers, invite all the friends over, and get back to my roots even though I don’t live in the South with this low country shrimp boil.
- One of the best ways to use up all that summer-fresh garden produce staring you in the face is an authentic gazpacho with homemade croutons. Or take a shortcut with my cheater version instead.
- If you love strawberry short cake, you’re gonna love this peach short cake recipe with brown sugar even more.
- Why didn’t I think of this? These grilled chicken drumsticks are a busy-day friendly way to fix a quintessential summer meal.
- This twist on banana bread is the perfect way to use up not just one, but two types of fruit that might be withering a bit too quickly in the summer heat.
- These classic no-bake cookies are how you take care of that summer sweet tooth without turning on the oven.
- Just in case you need a different reason to use up those avocados other than avo toast, this fresh herby summer salad will gleefully take care of them.
- If you can’t make it to the beach, bring the flavors of Baja to your neck of the woods with these spicy fish taco bowls.
- I’m filing away this apricot almond cake to make in a couple of weeks when my neighbors tree starts spilling all that fruity goodness into my yard (not complaining!).
- Farmers market breakfast bowls are literally the stuff that summer is made of–bursting with veggies and topped with a creamy green goddess dressing. Let’s end summer on the right note.
More Recipes to Make Now, or Really Any Time of Year
- 31 Summer Slow Cooker Recipes
- 33 Boozy Frozen Treats to Get You Through the Rest of Summer
- 31 Days of Summer Produce Recipes
- 30 Days of Easy Grilling Recipes
- 30 Healthy Summer Potluck Salads
Cheers to finishing summer off with a bang, and getting into the kitchen to cook something good.
p.s. I’m still debating on whether to send out weekly meal plans with shopping lists or simply send out a weekly recipe round up that fits the season’s eats. Leave a comment or hit reply and email me back to let me know what you’d like to see!
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
Thanks for reading and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Learn more about my printed day-planner Nourished Planner here, and sign up for free, emailed weekly meal plans.
Sharing is caring!