This roundup of 21 easy but creative leftover turkey recipes will help you make the most of the lingering bites of Thanksgiving.
Ahhh, it’s the most wonderful time of year. Thanksgiving is over and even though next day leftover turkey sandwiches with all the fixins’ are a gift from the gods, there’s only so many of them we can manage to shovel down our gullets. That’s why we’re determined to leverage our turkey leftovers as best we can, in as many different ways as possible.
Every Thanksgiving, I make it a point to cook an extra turkey breast just to be sure I have plenty for leftovers. From soups and curries, to pot pies and casseroles, and even pop tarts (yes, pop tarts), these 21 delicious ways to repurpose Thanksgiving turkey leftovers go beyond the sandwich. These are the stuff tryptophan dreams are made of. Gobble, gobble.
Leftover Turkey Salad from Simply Whisked
Thanksgiving Leftover Pop Tarts from The Butter Half
Leftover Turkey Ratatouille Skillet with Herbed Dumplings from Climbing Grier Mountain
Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Stuffed Shells from Baked by Rachel
Deer Valley’s Famous Turkey Chili
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie from Foodess
Leftover Turkey Broccoli Soup with Stuffing Croutons from the Pretend Baker
One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Leftover Turkey in Creamy Mushroom Sauce from Natasha’s Kitchen
Turkey Tortilla Soup from What’s Gaby Cooking
Leftover Thanksgiving Casserole from Life Tastes Good
Turkey and White Cheddar with Caramelized Onion & Grape Grilled Cheese
Leftover Turkey Korma with Golden Rice from Supergolden Bakes
Thanksgiving Leftovers Pierogies from Yes to Yolks
Turkey Cranberry and Grilled Brie Cheese Sandwich
Leftover Turkey Harvest Cobb Salad from Skinnytaste
Turkey Pozole Rojo from The Modern Proper
Curry Turkey Pot Pie with Homemade Butter Pie Crust
Turkey Minestrone Soup from Feasting at Home
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
21 Leftover Turkey Recipes | Curry Turkey Pot Pie
For the filling:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup diced onion , (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 ½ cup diced celery , (about 2 stalks)
- 1 ½ cup diced carrots , (about 2 carrots)
- 1 cup peeled and diced russet potato , (about 1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half , plus more for egg wash
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 recipe all butter pie crust , for 2 double crust pies
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven or heavy bottom pot over medium heat. Cook the onion, celery, carrots, and potato until the onions are translucent and veggies are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Stir occasionally so the vegetables don’t brown.
- Stir in the turkey and sprinkle the mixture with the flour, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. While stirring, cook for 3-5 minutes or until the flour taste been cooked out.
- Add the chicken broth and half and half. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often, and cook until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and peas. Turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
To assemble the pot pie:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- To roll out the dough, place one half of the dough on a countertop sprinkled with flour and sprinkle the dough with flour. Rub flour on the rolling pin and rap the dough with the rolling pin 6-8 times to soften it. Flip the dough over, lightly dust it with flour and rap the dough again, this time in the opposite direction.
- Starting from the middle of the dough, roll the dough away from you, giving it a quarter turn after each couple of passes. Flip the dough over and once again roll the dough from the middle outward, giving the dough a quarter turn each time, dusting the flour and the roller as needed.
- If any of the butter breaks through the surface, sprinkle some flour over the exposed area then brush away the excess.
- Roll the dough to ¼-inch thickness and a few inches larger than your 9-inch glass pie pan. Gently fold the dough in half and in one movement and lift it off the rolling surface and into the pan. Unfold the dough circle and gently ease it into the pan. Don’t stretch the dough down into the pan or when it heats up in the oven, it will bounce back and shrink.
- Repeat with the other disc of pie dough. Fold and set aside.
- Scoop the turkey mixture into the pie pan, mounding in the middle if needed. Top with the reserved disc of rolled out pie dough. Tip the excess dough handing over the lip of the pan so it is one inch beyond the lip. Fold the top and bottom layers of pie dough under one another on the lip of the pie pan, making a big edge. Crimp the edge with the tines of a fork or flute the edge by pinching your knuckle into the middle of the index and middle finger of your opposite hand and repeat along the edges of the crust.
- Whisk 1 egg with a splash of half and half and brush on the top of the pie dough. Cut 3 to 5 vents in the top of the pie. Bake pie on a sheet pan for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling. Let pot pie cool so the filling can set; about 1 hour.
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more FoodieCrush inspiration.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
Thanks for sharing. All of these are very delicious.
Your sight is AMAZING! I’ve cooked several of your dishes, and they are ALL home runs!
Really Great article
IF THESE TASTE HALF AS GOOD AS THEY LOOK …… YOU HAVE A WINNER.
WE’LL CHECK THEM OUT AND POST …..
Ashley @ Foodie Crush
zeus titan zee
i hope you have prepared yourself for the upcoming time! the time when you’ll find yourself in a place where every blogger has dreamed for! because this piece of work is something that only an extraordinary mind could do! so much to learn from your post! I’m also running a business that you should know! the best cargo service provider in all UK you need to send your shipment through Sea Cargo to Pakistan give onecargo a try you’ll be pleased after working with us!
Blog Management Services
All of our leading Cleveland concreters are highly skilled. With many years of experiences in all forms or concrete construction. All our contractor work is done in a safe manner and inline with American Standards.
Beautiful, frugal, easy, tasty ! Thank you so much !
freeflix hq apk
awesome looking and taste.. i will try at my home also..
Looking awesome and yummy taste.. thanks for sharing..
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy these this year!
nice article keep it up
Thanks in support of sharing such a good thinking,
I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
vivienne westwood sale
Magnificent beat !
vivienne westwood sale
Cross out any irrelevant ones making your very best self to put them in a logical order.
Amazing and fascinating article.
Currently it sounds like WordPress is the top blogging platform out there right now.
I read your entire article and I genuinely like it.
Whatsapp Plus Apk
This is also a very good post
Great post, keep posting stuff like this please.
Beautiful, frugal, easy, tasty ! Keep sharing amazing posts. Loving your content.
Beautiful, frugal, easy, tasty ! Tank you so much !
thank you for all of these, will certainly come in handy, Curry Turkey Pot Pie oh my!
Yes thanks for all the great ideas