Hello and happy Friday!
This week chalked up two delicious food-themed days of fun — Pi(e) Day and St. Patrick’s Day. I celebrated both. First I made this berry pie with my homemade crust, then two different batches of my fave corned beef and cabbage. I mean, I had to have leftovers for my favorite reubens! Am I right or am I RIGHT??!!
Here in Utah, our water situation is.not.good. In fact, it’s really bad. Water restrictions this summer will be very strict (watering times likely just once a week) so I’m adapting my planting plans to include this list of drought-tolerant plants.
As I’ve said before, I’m working on letting go of things that don’t serve me and the guilt that goes with it: old relationships, anxiety, expectations of others or their expectations of me, and the worry for my daughter in this world around us. It’s not easy, but something’s gotta give and I don’t want it to be all of the wasted energy I spend on things that I have not control over.
Who else is so totally stoked Daylight Savings might possibly be a forever deal. Here’s some funny thoughts about it. No more time changes thank you!
I am so inspired by the chefs, cooks, and selfless individuals who are doing what they can and more to support those fighting for their lives in Ukraine:
- Smitten Kitchen has a fundraiser going for one of my favorite organizations, World Central Kitchen, and has helped raise $150,695 for them — go Deb!
- Check out Cook for Ukraine and Bakers Against Racism (who have launched #bakeforukraine on Instagram) to see all of the restaurants, chefs, bakeries, home bakers, etc. who are cooking and baking to raise money for a variety of organizations helping Ukraine.
- Auction houses, galleries, and online art shops you can purchase art from to support organizations offering aid to Ukraine.
- Follow @stillwerise, who will be organizing a large scale auction fundraiser for refugees all over the world.
- These incredible Ukranian children are raising money from people in their homeland by selling downloads of their drawings on Etsy. And these rockstar UK kids are getting creative and raising funds too.
- Shop these Ukranian Etsy shops and lend your support.
- Finally, a comprehensive list of pop-ups and fundraisers you can contribute to.
As a dog lover, I always knew it to be true.
Pixar’s newest movie is breaking the glass ceiling. It’s Pixar’s first feature completely directed by a woman. Have you seen it?
The case for giving guys flowers. I love this.
For every woman who has ever lived with a man –> the mystery is explained: Why men take longer than women on the toilet. Umm, really???
This pasta designer—yes, it’s a thing—is making some of the most gorgeous, impressive pasta I’ve ever seen.
If you’re a chicken lover you’ll be wanting to make this chicken and coconut rice dish that’s loaded with flav-ahhhh.
Pass me the napkins because this is the fried chicken sandwich that’s worth dreaming about.
This lemon cake looks amazing.
Lemon cheesecake from one of my favorite bloggers.
For a new spin on salmon, try this recipe.
Spring rhubarb with chicken is what’s vibing now.
These no-bake chocolate oatmeal bars have me wanting to eat breakfast for dessert.
This veg-ified sweet and sour recipe looks so good you’ll never miss the meat.
Feeling all my Girl Scout feels with these mint chocolate brownie cookies.
These chic Parisian homes are making me ga ga over their ooh, la la!
I am def digging this dress. Totally comfy and is a great price too.
This list of the best camping gear will come in handy this summer. Love this sleeping bag!
My brain is in summer travel gear with a quick trip to Yellowstone Park top of mind after seeing this list of 11 places to stay in Yellowstone for the most beautiful views.
One of my very favorite beaches was just named best beach in the world and now I really want to go back.
That’s it for this week! Enjoy le weekend!
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.