Roasted Tomatillo and Green Olive Salsa
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos , husked
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 lime , juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup water
- * substitute 1 serrano pepper for the jalapeno peppers if you like more heat
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Spread tomatillos, garlic cloves and jalapeno on baking sheet and coat evenly with oil. Roast for 15 minutes or until tomatillos are browned and blistered.
- Remove from oven and place in a food processor or blender with olives, cilantro, lime and sugar. Pulse 5-7 times. Add water and pulse another 4-5 times to mix.
- Place in bowl and serve with chips or as a topping on eggs, chicken or meat.