Hello and Happy Friday!
Whew! What a great day! Thanksgiving dinner was a success. The turkey leftovers have all been distributed as to-go goodies for the family guests, or stowed and saved for my favorite turkey pot pie—shown in the pic above that I’ve already made twice in the past 3 weeks with all my turkey testing leftovers and I’m not one bit sad about it!
Now it’s time for the Christmas countdown to officially begin. Black Friday. Shop Small Saturday. Cyber Monday. You know I love a good sale, but when are we supposed to remember the real reason for the season?
This December I’m going to do my best to chill out on the extras. I swear…all the professing we share in the Nourished Planner is actually seeping into my skin. From my Christmas decorating to my gift spending to my saying ‘yes’ to every little thing, I’m going to keep things at a manageable minimum and stop myself when I feel myself overcommitting. I want to spend my time chilling with family and friends, or simply sitting in front of the fire with my Christmas tree lights and a book rather than racing about. Because it’s our time together with undivided focus that’s the best gift I can give—and get.
What do you want to receive from this wonderful time of year? Make a list of 5 things, and then do them!
Here’s 5 things I am going to do this holiday:
- Bake and decorate Christmas cookies with my AliSmudge
- Nighttime walk about downtown SLC at night to see all the lights (it’s seriously the best light show EVA!)
- Enjoy a leisurely ladies lunch with my mom then poke around our favorite stores for our annual new Christmas ornament (and take my dad for his favorite Indian food too)
- Take time off while my sister and her fam are here to do whatever we please
- Hook up my old turntable, play my favorite Christmas albums, sit in front of the fire, and enjoy!
But enough about me, let’s dig into this week’s Friday Faves. Enjoy!
Get up to 50% OFF my Nourished Planner at our Black Friday sale right NOW.
How to survive Black Friday if you’re a shopaholic.
26 Christmas quotes to get you in the spirit.
My very favorite album to celebrate the chill vibes of December. Thank you Aunt Shelley for introducing it to me oh so many years ago!
44 ideas for practicing gratitude that are easier than you think.
How do we rate? The best and worst places in the world for food sustainability.
Bookmark this cheeseball, it’s time to party.
And don’t forget the cranberry margarita.
Thanskgiving leftover recipe ideas:
- 21 easy leftover turkey recipes
- Leftover roasted turkey ramen yaaaaas.
- Leftover turkey noodle soup
- Leftover turkey salad sandwiches
- Leftover mashed potato pancakes
- Turkey pot pie soup
Vegetables in a cloud aka the easiest way to get anyone to eat their veggies.
Oh my. Chicken gnocchi soup for sure.
Another thing I’m going to do over Christmas? Bake this bread.
A favorite meal in a bowl: Easy tofu curry.
I can literally smell the holiday spice of these muffins as they bake in the oven.
I could literally eat this roasted veg salad every day for lunch. So good for making ahead.
This egg nog coffee cake is making me crave an afternoon slice with coffee.
Company’s comin’! The ultimate holiday cleaning countdown.
It’s all about the Elf!
- Start the tradition here.
- 25 funny shelf ideas for your elf.
- How to adopt elf babies for your Elf on the Shelf.
- 25 of the best quotes from Elf.
- Stay in this hotel room and you’ll feel exactly like Buddy did.
My grandma had one of these Christmas trees and the one my mom hand painted for me is one of my most prized possessions.
This simple DIY advent calendar fits the style of any home.
This set of ornaments would brighten any tree.
These leopard print joggers would be the perfect way to veg out all of Christmas day.
And, Christmas pajamas!
I feel like I want the Google Nest since it’s on sale. Anyone else have it? Like it? No?
A greatest-hits collection of the most giftable things.
4 things we learned in 2019 about stress that will take you into the new year.
To bucket list or not to bucket list? What’s your opinion?
And some of my favorite shopping spots I link to often for Black Friday sales:
- Vitamix 5200 Blender Blender, $260 (orig $400)
- Instant Pot Duo80, $65 (orig $130)
- Nespresso Vertoplus Coffee and Espresso Maker $99 (orig. $232)
- KitchenAid 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series with Glass Bowl, $239 (orig. $429)
Flex Edge Beater Works with KitchenAid Bowl $14 (orig. $23)
- And I got the Nintendo Switch as our family gift for the year, $298 with $25 Amazon card
West Elm: 30% off + free shipping w/code SAVEMORE
Anthropologie: 30% off discount in cart
Madewell: 30% off at w/code GIFTWELL
AllModern: 70% off select items and an extra 25% off select items with the code BIGDEAL.
Food52: Get 20% off purchases of $100 or more w/ code BIGSCOOP
Nordstrom: Select items up to 50% off for their Cyber Sale.
Target: Up to 50% off all kitchen, discount in cart
Urban Outfitters: Buy one, get one 50% off deal throughout its entire store until Sun 11/30.
Okay that’s it for this week. Have a grand weekend everyone!
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
SIGN UP FOR FREE!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING FOODIECRUSH.COM
Subscribe to the FoodieCrush email newsletter and have every new post plus exclusive content delivered straight to your email box,