Hello and happy Friday!
Given I’ve just returned home from a trip to Italy, this Memorial Day Weekend seems somewhat anti-climatic. I mean, I’m ready to heat up the grill for burgers and all, but my taste buds are still on pasta time. I know…such first world problems and I absolutely realize that I am spoiled beyond measure. And I’m relishing every second of this life I get to live.
This weekend marks the beginning of the big slow down. Work travel is over for the next few months, Ali Smudge finished her freshman school year yesterday, sunshine and sunscreened days at the pool are in my sights, and I am ready so ready to languish in the lazy days of summer. I haven’t yet officially made my summer bucket list, but it sure looks a lot like this one, but with more golf dates with my husband added in.
One of my main goals this summer is to recharge my batteries and become more productive because of taking time away. I’ll probably be talking more about this later if you’re interested…
What’s on your list of things to do this summer? I need more inspo so tell in the comments below.
With travel and work to do I’ve yet to plant my garden. But given the state of our weather—with snow still gracing our midst this late in the year—I’m glad I didn’t get a jumpstart and then lose all my flowers and tomatoes to old man Frost. Utah, you are one weird weather maker. This weekend I’ll be getting in to the garden and digging in too. Do you have any secrets to growing the best tomatoes? PLLLLEASE tell me them all.
Back to Italy real quick, I’ll be sharing some recipes from the trip with DeLallo Foods very soon. Easy. Authentic. Delicious. If you want to see where we traveled, check out my Instagram stories highlights with links to each of the destinations, and more.
P.S. I’ve never watched Game of Thrones. Now that the hub bub is over, should I bother?
But enough about me, let’s dig into this week’s Friday Faves.
OMG, McDonalds is beginning to make me like them: They’ve opened a tiny McDonalds for bees!
My two girl crushes strike again:
- Chrissy Tiegen is about to become the next Judge Judy. Whaaat?
- This makes me want to get married again: An Ina Garten themed bachelorette party :)
Every book you should, or would want to read, this summer.
Literally just last night I was pondering whether I needed both of these in my kitchen. Yep, it’s a thriller over here.
Plant burgers are everywhere right now, here’s a taste test showdown of which is best.
This recipe takes broccoli salad to a whole new level.
My favorite potato salad. And that is all.
A rainbow veggie sandwich that is a full blown pot of gold.
Baked feta. I am dying over here.
This is so my style of pasta. Easy but full of flavor.
Grilled avocado bowls. Yes, grilled avocado.
Perfecting the pound cake is on my bucket list—with cream cheese? YES!
With travel on my brain, these are my favorite travel size essentials:
- This shampoo and conditioner. I make a special trip to Target just for them.
- This facial cleanser that moisturizes as it cleans
- My very favorite facial moisturizer in travel size
- This makeup remover (I use waterproof mascara and it takes it off too.)
- This sunscreen for extra protection for my nose and lips
- This is a must for getting the wrinkles out
- My favorite perfume that can go in a carry on too
- I have this style and brand of travel case, but I’m liking the organization of this one so long as it isn’t too big
Travel guides to check out:
- Heading to Oahu? Check out these off the beaten path things to do.
- First-timers guide to Puerto Vallarta.
- What to eat, see, and do in Seaside, Florida. (one of my fave vacations)
- Attn: Coors lovers: 24 hours in Golden, Colorado.
Breathtaking photo inspo from this year’s Nat Geo photo competition.
17 travel charts that make packing easier (#10 is v. helpful.)
The Nordstrom half-yearly sale is on now.
- These super cute espadrilles are 50% off.
- My sister has this backpack and loves it—40% off.
- Once you put on these lounge pants I’m pretty sure you’ll never want to take them off —40% off.
Throw away the iron: The best clothing steamers of 2019.
How to start a retirement fund—because you’ve got a lot of life to live!
Okay, that will do it. Have a great Memorial Day weekend. xo H
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
SIGN UP FOR FREE!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING FOODIECRUSH.COM
Subscribe to the FoodieCrush email newsletter and have every new post plus exclusive content delivered straight to your email box,