Happy Friday FoodieCrush friends!
Are you finally accepting summer has seen it’s swan song and settling into the fall routine?
I know. Me neither. But…
Fall is probably my favorite season of all.
I love to cocoon. There’s a crispness in the air with the changing of the leaves and the musty smell is somehow totally soothing. Not to mention the up-tick of energy as we all pick up our pace, because could it be? Yes, the holiday season is right around the corner.
Those cookies have given me sustenance because there’s been a lot going on around here, like:
- I updated the website design and back end to make it faster (do you like?) hopefully making it even more enjoyable around here. We’re still making a few tweaks so if there’s something you’d like to see, let me know! One cool new feature: If you make a recipe, you can now leave a star review so others know how you liked it, too.
- I’ve been deep into final pre-press production for the 2019 Jan-Dec Nourished Planner (pre-sale is happening v. soon!) It’s going to be even better this year than ever thanks to our community’s amazing input (yes! the fitness tracker is back!).
- AND! If you want a copy of the Nourished Planner FOR FREE, our warehouse found a stash of 2018 planners and there’s no room at the inn, so we’re offering both the large and small 2018 planner to you just for the price of shipping. Try the 2018 planner out for free here. They think they will run out of stock this weekend so get on it today :)
- I’ve been coming up with some awesome new content you can only get when you subscribe to my email newsletter like this free recipe book. Sign up and get into the fun!
- I’ve been on a crazy clutter-free clean out of my entire house and have so much cool stuff companies have sent to me but I haven’t used so I really think I should pass it along to you in some giveaways. Follow me on Instagram and sign up for my newsletter because that’s where they’ll be happening!
- And of course, I’ve been cooking up super tasty recipes coming your way soon.
It’s also the BEST time of year for produce. Talk about cooking and eating the rainbow! There’s no shortage of colorful foods that make it so easy to pack in the nutrition this time of year! Glory be and hallelujah.
The next two weeks are going to be bananas around here, because I’m not going to be home much. Today I’m heading to Santa Barbara for a very important weekend with one of my besties who you were so kind to send warm wishes for here. Next week (and for the following few) I’ll be spending a lot of time with family and my mom and dad because being their daughter and helping them as much as I can is one of my most important roles in life! I love you two!!
Also, if you’re coming to the Tastemaker’s Conference in SLC next week, I’ll be speaking so I’ll see you there! Please be sure to say “hi”!
But enough about me, let’s dig into this week’s list of Friday Faves.
These puppies didn’t make the cut to be in the TSA so they’re avail for adoption. Or, you could so easily head to your local shelter! #adoptdontshop
How to quit anything without feeling like a failure, and yes, I am the friend she mentions in her post, and I’M STILL GOING!
I’m totally going to join in this busy boycott. Such a good idea to step back to realize what’s really most important.
10 things to do with the last 10 minutes of your day. #2 is my Nourished Planner mantra.
Real life: what a celebrity nutritionist eats in a day (I like her label-reading tip!)
Thinking about doing Whole30 or just bored out of your head with what you’ve been eating? Then you’ll want 30 days of Whole30 approved recipes right here.
If you’re tailgating the big game and don’t know what to fix, you’ll want to see this.
Super moist carrot cake. The recipe name says it all.
Honey cake for Rosh Hashanah (this is for you Nicole!)
OMG. This California veggie bowl is TDF.
And a chicken and mango salad. Delish.
This veggie packed cheese soup looks divine.
I love these ideas of 7 ways with cabbage because it’s a veg that’s so underrated. Which reminds me, I need to make my stuffed cabbage rolls for you guys soon.
I love the fresh seasonal fruity flavors of this salsa too.
This cinnamon roll baking challenge is curing my baking cravings.
If you’re want to be sugar-free, try this free sugar reset challenge
The easiest pasta that tastes so amazing luxe. LOVE.
I’ve never made this homemade before but it looks pretty darn easy.
All the zucchini:
- Zucchini bars with all the cream cheese
- High altitude zucchini bread (now I won’t have to adjust!)
- Cheesy baked zucchini
- Zucchini pickles (yeeeeees)
- 11 Use it all up zucchini recipes here
- And 55 more healthy zucchini recipes here
Make this now and add a couple of recipe cards for holiday gift giving.
I love a good podcast: 5 favorite podcasts for blogging, business and advice. (this is one of my faves.)
Home news, big, small, and on the move!
- Sheryl! It’s your new she-shed! 8 tiny houses you can buy on Amazon. Now I just need to find some land!
- 11 ways to improve your kitchen in 10 tiny minutes.
- If you’re selling, this is the one thing the best for sale listing all have in common. So spot on.
- I WANT this dog house! But I think my dogs are too comfortable on my bed.
- And who hasn’t dreamed of hitting the road in a prison bus turned mobile home? Hello Partridge Family!
Late night = How to depuff your eyes in the morning (the comments have some of the best ideas).
Glitter tears tutorial. It looks cool, but would you ever really?
This acrylic wall calendar is pretty cool.
This personalized phone case would be the best gift for any pet owner!
Luuvvving this Gucci loafer look without the high price tag.
These flats are pretty extra too.
Okay, that’s it for this week! I hope you found a few fave links that inspire you too. XOXO have a great weekend!
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
Thanks for reading and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox