Tasty Tomatillo Shrimp Recipe
- ½ pound pasilla or poblano chilis , seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic , minced
- ½ pound tomatillos , husked, rinsed and quartered
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus extra for the shrimp
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chilies and half of the garlic and cook until chilis soften or about 5 minutes. Add the tomatillos and 1 teaspoon of salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally until the tomatillos start to break down or for about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatillo mixture to a blender and puree. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp, salt and pepper and the remaining garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the tomatillo sauce and saute for 2 more minutes or until the shrimp barely become opaque. Serve with sprinkled cilantro leaves.