Hey guys, this week I’m trying something new and focusing exclusively on a my favorite things from the week. Do you miss having one of my recipe links to start things off? Let me know in the comments below.
This week’s Friday Faves list started early, so how about we start things off with what I was crushing on this week via my Instagram.
Insta-Craving: In need of produce that was photo shoot ready, I headed to our first local Winter Farmer’s Market. I went a little nuts, inspired by the most gorgeous watermelon radishes, beauty queen looking beets and carrots in every hue of the rainbow, which inspired an amazing recipe coming your way.
Insta-Crushing: Did you know that October is Adopt a Dog Month? I’ve been involved with animal rescue for nearly 15 years, volunteering, fostering and adopting three furry babies. Say “hi” to Chewy and Gigi, 12 years young. Adopt and give a dog a home and you’ve just given them a second chance at life.
Insta-Fun: The new version of Clue. I was obsessed with this game as a kid and it’s still a blast to play with my Smudge, but my, how things have changed. The conservatory has become a spa, Professor Plum is now a self-made video game dot.com billionaire and the lead pipe has morphed into a trophy. I guess everything from the 80’s is in need of a nip and tuck here and there.
Insta-Savoring: The last days of scuffling through fall leaves. Oh this glorious weather! But I’m bracing myself as snow is in the forecast for the weekend, making way for fluffy, white Instagrams.
The FoodieCrush elves are working hard on the Holiday issue of FoodieCrush magazine, which will be coming your way when the mistletoe official poises itself in a secret liason-like location. In December.
Until then, get your holiday bug by perusing the last two Holiday issues for a dose of pre-holiday cheer.
Of course I love the blogs and online mags, but I am still a huge fan of print so I’m looking for some rec’s for new cookbooks to add to my collection. Will you leave me a comment below on which one is yours?
Speaking of, have you entered my giveaway of White On Rice Couple’s cookbook, Bountiful, Recipes Inspired by Our Garden? They’ll be here in Salt Lake City at The King’s English Bookstore, this Saturday at 2 pm. Come see all of us and get a copy signed for yourself.
Now, let’s dig into some Friday Faves.
1. These gold, spray painted mini pumpkins make it! How to create an elegant DIY Thanksgiving tablescape.
2. This makes me feel like Annie Leibowitz! There’s an Instagram account that collects the worst photos of food ever instagrammed. I mean, is that really Broccoli Cheese Casserole?
3. Know anyone getting married? These are such clever Save the Dates.
4. A Son’s of Anarchy spin-off? Please, say it’s so!
5. I spent a lot of time on this foodie’s Pinterest board this week. Soooo well curated.
6. This kitchen. I want it. Now.
7. I came out of Sephora with a dent in my bank account, a little tiny bag and among other things this highlighter that I swear makes me look like I got an extra 4 hours of sleep.
8. The holidays are here which means its time to maximize your Amazon affiliate sales program for a little extra mad cash. I’m taking notes.
9. A great read for every woman: How I learned to accept my weight and stopped hating my body.
10. Flats. Leopard. Meow.
11. These two toned totes would make a great travel companion or easily haul my farmer’s market loot home. Going on my Xmas list in gold.
12. So what really IS the difference between a fresh or a frozen bird for Turkey Day?
13. We’ve either been one, or we have one: 19 tricks to try with your picky eater. #9 could get any red blooded woman to eat Brussels Sprouts.
14. This dress might have to make it into my holiday collection. Don’t you think it would look good on just about everyone?
15. Are you bored with your 140 lines on Twitter? Here’s how to get new inspiration and become tweetable again.
16. Type Snob Approved: Free fonts for your holiday cards and invitations.
This weekend’s virtual dinner cravings start of with…
17. Slow Cooker Meat Sauce that simply brings me to my knees thanks to Emily of Jelly Toast.
Which would be the perfect pairing for…
18. Rosemary Roasted Carrots from Kiersten of Oh My Veggies.
Especially if I started my day off with…
19. Chai Spiced Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Glaze from Monique of Ambitious Kitchen.
and finished it off with…
20. Lavendar Hot Chocolate from Leah of Freutcake.
Have a happy and seriously fun weekend ya’ll.
As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. This post includes affiliate links.
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox