Hello my friends, and happy Friday!
It’s been a week of comings and goings and while my Christmas tree went up the day after Thanksgiving, it still stands naked of any ornaments to adorn it. Sunday will be the day I’m taking care of getting on my ho-ho-ho and adorning some Christmas cheer.
But first, I need your help.
Tomorrow is the last day for raising money for my part of the Shred for Red leukemia fundraising drive and I’m short of my goal.
I’m happy to be raising money for blood cancer research in honor of two fellow food bloggers who have young children diagnosed with leukemia, @kadeemorrison of the blog Oh So Delicioso and Deborah Harroun of @tasteandtell.
For Kadee, on the eve of her son Graham’s 2 year anniversary of his leukemia diagnosis, they received the news that her toddler Ian also has leukemia. Ian is still in the hospital fighting his fight.
Deb’s young son was also diagnosed two years ago. Following chemo treatments, steroids and more, he is now thankfully in remission, but always with a watchful eye.
Families like theirs give their everything to fight cancer, will you help fight it too?
Did You Enter this Week’s Giveaways?
This past week I shared two giveaways over on Instagram that if you haven’t entered you should:
And now, let’s dig into this week’s Friday Faves.
Last week I shared some of my favorite things that would make great Christmas gifts for Thc Cook and The Home. This week I’m adding a few more ideas for your shopping pleasure. These are actual things I own. Consider them FoodieCrush endorsed, with a big old stamp of my approval.
- I get SO MANY compliments on this fragrance that I may never, ever, ever change. I’m 99% sure anyone you gift it to will absolutely love it. I have both the parfum and the lotion. (If you can find an actual store, you need to go there be in person for them to make it in person and personalize the label for your gal.)
- I also get loads of comments about my favorite handbag. It would make a fun gift for someone with a lighter sense of style. (and it’s on sale.)
- My favorite necklace in two slightly different flavors here and here.
- For anyone who wants a better 2019, naturally this is on the list.
- A little bit kitschy, but this blingy personalized pillow is as the kids say, “very satisfying.” Okay, I haven’t gotten one yet, buy just maybe…
And now I’m passing the Christmas list-making to my husband, for a few gifts he has and thinks y9ou will too.
- You may think of these as a practical gift, but they are so much more. My husband is partial to the flowers. And for those times when he’s wearing low-ride shoes, these are his faves, and for every pair that’s sold they give one back.
- I gave this to my husband last year as part of a kit, and he says it’s one of his favorite/most useful gifts to date.
- My man says he sees the ladies sporting these 40s all over town, but he says guys need to make them part of their daily routine, too. He uses his all day and thru the night. And yes, his is pink and if you get one and let me know he says he’ll send you a Big Face sticker for it.
- My husband is a cooler collector, and this one is his favorite. It’s the perfect size, looks good, and comes with coozies too.
- If you’re going for powertools, this is the ONLY tool to even think about getting him. It’s cordless, it has different extensions to add on to it, and it’s my man’s very favorite workhorse. Trust him, he knows.
- 36 totally unique gifts on Amazon. There’s some goodies for sure.
I’m going to our annual friend’s holiday party this weekend where I took this champagne punch before. May need to do so again.
Ditch the dip. This easy cheesy fondue takes the dipping out of the equation.
Steak bites for the one-pot wonder dinner.
The chill is real. How to make ramen in the Instant Pot.
‘Tis the season to get your nog on:
- This homemade eggnog recipe.
- Eggnog waffles that go the healthier route.
- This Maple bourbon eggnog isn’t just for the boys.
- Ding ding! This eggnog martini.
- This Eggnog trifle is ready for dessert.
Rhymin’ in the kitchen with this chocolate babka for Hanukkah.
Get Grinch themed:
- Grinch hot chocolate.
- Grinch has thumbprints and made them into cookies :)
- Don’t look like the Grinch! The do’s and don’ts of regifting
If you’re a cheese lover and looking for a party theme, here’s your answer.
An awesome excuse to toast the season: this red wine sangria.
This DIY stocking is really cute.
37 funny Christmas cards you should totally steal for your family photo card.
I still haven’t tackled cleaning the grout of my bathroom floor tile, but when I do, now I know what works best.
It’s not just because you’re old. Actually, it is. Here’s why hangovers get worse as we age.
This 30-day fitness challenge might be a good one to start now, since it fits right in with travel too.
Pantone’s color of the year for 2019, and why it matters.
16 gold dresses to light up your night.
Hey mom, this is for you: Why you should think twice about using hand sanitizer.
Okay, that’s it for this holiday weekend. Now get shopping!
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.