Babies just wanna be like their mamas. And my pre-teen baby is no different. As I’m coming to terms with this, I’m also discovering my Smudge has some pretty wicked talents in the kitchen.
I love having a sous chef to help me and keep me company when I’m working in the kitchen. When she runs out of the room and returns with her apron on, I know it’s go time.
Her latest thing is, “Hey Mom, look!” All day long. Look at me dance. Look at me make this face. Look at this Rainbow Loom mustache someone made online. Look what Louis said about Harry and Niall said wasn’t true. Look at me dress up the dog in her wedding dress and stick her in the laundry basket and drive her around the house.
And on, and on and on.
I made these Currant and Oatmeal Cookies the other day and Smudge decided to make Cookie Soup with a few of them for her after school treat.
She bounded into my office with Cookie Soup in hand, and said, “Hey Mom, look,” but she wouldn’t share a bite.
She knows better.
So when she bolted into my office once again to say, “Hey Mom, look,” I gave a half hearted glance. And then I nearly spit out my diet coke with a choke that led to the biggest smile I’ve had in a while.
That’s when she showed me her Instagram of Cookie Soup. The photo she took, the type she designed (she loves her app) and the directions she wrote (she even figured out a marketing spin, “5 easy steps!”) and posted for her faithful 34 followers to make for themselves.
The crumb doesn’t fall far from the cookie.
Have a great weekend everyone, and hop about and check out this week’s Friday Faves.
1. If there’s anything wrong with your day, your week or even your year, this series of photos will absolutely turn that frown upside down. Toddler + puppy = the most adorable thing I think I’ve ever seen. See her blog here. And remember, don’t buy, rescue and adopt.
2. With yet another snow storm on the way, I’m putting my latest favorite new pair of boots to work. Smudge and I have a matching pair to shovel the driveway.
4. The editing on this clip of the 25 best films of 2013 in 11 minutes is totally on par with the lineup of movies it showcases. Man, I need to get to the movies!
5. I mean, some people have cravings but Mint Chocolate Chip Pringles? Really? 10 more oddball holiday themed foods.
6. About the only thing I’ve found funny to come out of Miley and her wrecking ball carnage.
8. And what food blogger can resist edible gold cupcake sprinkles?
9. Or metallic gold tinsel to sparkle up your Christmas packages.
10. You could get me anything on this gift guide and mama would be happy Christmas morn. Ohhhp! Did I see a gold cuff ring?
11. And while you’re wrapping…this list of printable Christmas gift tags. So cute!
12. From the introduction of the Cronut to the possibility of a Sriracha shortage. 25 most important things to happen in 2013 for food lovers.
13. What I want with my pie. So pretty.
14. The perfect holiday music playlist.
15. DIY holiday gifts abound, here’s a few to think about making and gifting to your favorite friends and family:
DIY Spice Blends from Naturally Ella
DIY Rosemary Mint Shaving Cream from Food for My Family
DIY Vanilla Extract from Bell’alimento
DIY Homemade Lip Gloss from Joy the Baker
Homemade Irish Cream from me
Don’t miss out on the flash sale on all things Cookie Craving. Get yours here.
As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. This post contains affiliate links.
SIGN UP FOR FREE!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING FOODIECRUSH.COM
Subscribe to the FoodieCrush email newsletter and have every new post plus exclusive content delivered straight to your email box,