Hey hey and happy Friday!
I’m a sucker for routine. It’s one reason I’m such a planner and calendar nerd. I like to know the ins and outs of my days that turn into weeks that slip into months right before my eyes. Routine is good, but it can also be suuuuper boring.
Things these days are indeed routine, and pretty much sucking the life out of life. That’s why my goal this week is to shake up the norm and slip a few surprises into my daily schedule and create some surprises for others I care about too.
Here’s a few ideas for adding some YAY to your today, and for others too:
- Make breakfast for dinner (this Mexican breakfast is anytime meal worthy)
- Plan our spring “break-away”
- Set up my free cookbook giveaway (it’s coming!)
- Surprise my husband and take the garbage cans to the curb on trash day
- Go for a solo hike
- Help and promote others with no expectations in return
- Go out for dinner or get take out and leave a 50% tip
- Go through my photo albums and text pics of the “old days” to my college friends
- Send a postcard to my travel BFF reassuring her that travel isn’t far away
- Take my daughter to the animal shelter to play with the kittens
- Think twice before nagging
- Think twice before back seat driving
- Juggle my schedule and go skiing in the morning and make up work in the afternoon
- Bake my favorite cookies from when I was a kid
- Deliver dinner to the neighbors
- Offer to walk the cart back from the parking lot for a fellow shopper
- Send flowers to my mom and sister (and see if they really read Friday Faves and get tipped off or not!)
- Pay for the car behind me with my free coffee punch card
- Plant pansies in my porch planters
- Drop off my friends housewarming present
- Forget doing the dishes and read my book instead
- Send a text to the parents of my daughter’s friends with a compliment about their child
- Say thank you at least 10 times a day
- Write in my gratitude journal
If there’s one thing I know, it’s doing for others makes me feel good.
But first, let’s get into this week’s Friday Faves.
Just when I thought I had this Netflix movie figured out, it took a total turn at the end I totally appreciated. No wonder it’s up for a Golden Globe.
The Golden Globes are this weekend, and they’re going to start early (hmmm?) and like everything else, they’ll be different. I miss the red carpet.
15 time-saving tips for eating healthy when you’re busy.
Talk about foodie obsessions: Would you ever think of collecting these?? People are funny.
How cool! A 2000 year old food court!
Cauliflower recipes for the win:
- This roasted cauli is like eating candy.
- These cauliflower wings are made for guilt-free dippin’.
- Get the pasta boiling for this cauliflower bolognese.
- Cauliflower gnocchi meets baked feta pasta.
This type of sandwich is my fave.
Move over banana bread, these muffins have arrived.
My Norwegian-loving sister loves making these. I gotta try.
I love cheese so I love this paneer.
Lemon cheesecake bars are a dessert eating dream.
Air fryer recipe alert: Donuts!
The best places to get donuts in America. (Reader Becky says the first one on the list is her favorite!)
This 20 minute vegetarian pasta is perfect for weeknight.
Need a unique app idea? Celebrate with these cute charcuterie cups.
These platters are the perfect way to build charcuterie boards .
When everything happens at home these days, setting boundaries are key.
Very good insight to pass to our babies –> “I tracked down the girls who. bullied me as a kid. Here is what they had to say.”
How much money you’ll need to become part of the 1 percent richest in the world.
This incredible underwater museum in France has me almost wanting to learn to scuba dive. Well, almost.
WHOA! Scientists have discovered how to turn your body into a battery. The ultimate way to charge your phone on the go.
I am so down with this style of exercise.
This fashionable list should help me in moving away from my mom style.
My favorite washable mask is stretching out so I’m trying this basic black instead. Bonus, it’s 1/2 off.
I’ve had this one-step hair dryer for a while but I took it back from my daughter, and I gotta say, it’s giving me some lovely smooth moves.
I’ve said it once, twice, and I’ll say it again…if comfy undies that don’t crawl up your butt are your thing, these are great.
Kind of loving this totally unique birdhouse/feeder.
Reading doesn’t just cram things into your brain, this is why it changes the way it works.
Wishing you a whole lot of happy this weekend too!
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.