Hello there! Happy Friday!
Now that Super Bowl is over, it’s that time of year where just about all anyone can talk about is the weather. Will it snow? Will it warm up? Is that damn groundhog ever right? You know things have hit that mundane rut in the seasonal road when I start talking weather on Friday Faves.
This week I took time out to rest up and reflect on how things are going. What’s working? What isn’t. How is my family handling all this time alone but together all.of.the.frigging.time? For the past few years, I’ve probably traveled at least one week or more every month, often alone. At the time it didn’t seem like a lot. But now that I’ve been homebound for a full year, I can feel how that time away from everyone, waiting in airports, sitting in hotels, just being by myself, is an important part of my self care. It’s why I escape to my bathtub every night. It’s why I walk the dogs with headphones in. And why I enjoy going on errands by myself.
Looking inward can feel daunting, and more than a little woo-woo, self-help, give that girl a hand because she’s going down-ish. But it doesn’t have to be. Instead, I choose to be optimistically grateful for what’s behind me and what lies ahead, like:
- This weekend I am buying a bunch of daffodils to brighten up my living room.
- Travel is imminent, and I can’t wait for our spring break getaway. (now I just need to plan it!)
- Oh how I love curing my fave restaurant meal cravings for pho and the best bahn mi in SLC delivered hot to my door.
- My mom, dad, and MIL get their 2nd set of vaccines in 2 weeks!
- Sunshine is such good medicine and that’s why I’ve spent at least 10 minutes a day doing nothing but sitting on a chair on my deck, closing my eyes, and soaking it in.
- I finally decided on a new duvet cover and it arrived this week.
- I have the gardening itch and can’t stop watching raised bed gardening videos like this.
- Hearing the musical giggling of my daughter as she Facetimes with her friends is one big reason to be thankful for tech at this time.
- My favorite color is on my fingernails and I’m feeling springy.
- I’ve sorted through my cookbook collection and think I need to share some of them with you. Who wants me to mail them a free cookbook?
- My dog Zoee is finally figuring out personal space and now snuggles up without licking my face raw—most of the time.
- Writing down 3 things I’m grateful every day for is making me ever more grateful indeed.
What’s making you happy to be alive? Take stock, take note, and enjoy!
And now, happy Valentine’s Day and let’s dig into this week’s Friday Faves.
If you are over 30 years old and didn’t see this spoof on SNL this week, you MUST watch. Funniest thing I’ve seen in a long while that is way too close to the truth.
Eye-opening: 29 unwritten rules you might not know if you grew up with money.
JT’s new movie was a pleasant way to spend the evening, and the young actor playing Sam steals the show for sure.
This documentary is something we should all watch now.
Kudos to this new show inspiring kids in the kitchen.
The healthiest take-out options for every cuisine.
If you like salmon, you’ll love these.
This is one of my favorite Valentine’s Day recipes because if one of you eats it, both of you need to eat it. #garlic
Meatless Monday: Make it meaty vegan meatballs.
My sister will love these: Norwegian waffles.
Revel in the cheese with this ravioli soup.
These beefy bowls include what I think is one of the most underrated veggies out there.
If you like beets, this flavor-bomb salad is waiting for you. Wow. So many flavors!
Going big time retro with this pudding recipe grandma would approve of.
Glory be! This smoothie will wake up your day.
Chicken curry in a hurry.
These fritters are a full meal deal in themselves.
How to clean your fridge in 20 minutes, or 2 minutes.
Not sure whether I agree with the experts on this one: Could this be affecting your attention span?
4 ways to try legal cannabis without vaping or smoking.
LOVE these initial necklaces.
This looks like a very nice self-care package.
You’re never too old to grow crystals.
I love the texture in this wall hanging.
Get your tarot cards read online and see the good in your future.
That’s it for this week. Buy yourself some flowers and have a fantastic weekend.
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.