Hey hey and happy Friday!
I’m a lister. I make lists. I’m an idea generator. A dreamer. A big picture person. I’m the type who thrives in the ideation, the creation, the conception. But I’m also a noodler. Reworking and rethinking. I have to ruminate. Give it time. Let those ideas soak in and slowly rise to the surface. You could say I’m the sourdough starter of wordsmithing/writing/blogging, bubbling up and sometimes overflowing. But sometimes I just go SPLAT, with no yeast left to grow.
I love getting ideas from others, and giving them freely too. That’s why I’ve published these lists of Friday Faves each and every week for over 10 years. 10 years! Sometimes they come together oh so effortlessly. Sometimes it’s a slog. This week was a bit on the slog side. I just got not much to say.
That’s why today I’m making things easy. Cutting to the quick. I’m ditching my long-winded ways. Or am I?—this got long quick!
So let’s get down to why you’re here, and dig into this week’s Friday Faves.
- What I’m cooking: This easy gnocchi dinner, that so many of you made after I shared the photo above on Instagram. Seriously one of my go-to easy meals.
- What I’m watching: If you like cooking shows, you’ll totally enjoy this Netflix series with David Chang.
- What I’m reading: Working on improving my financial education with this book on investing.
- What I’m craving: Travel. I’m obsessing. 100% obsessing. I want to get out. And this is just one place I can’t wait to take my family as soon as I safely can.
Did you hear about the lucky motorists who got the vaccine only because they were stuck in a traffic jam because of a snowstorm? Patience pays off!
It’s one reason I started FoodieCrush: How do you preserve your family recipes?
Candy flavored mac and cheese for Valentine’s day? Not.so.sure.about.that. But I’m totally going to have to try it.
Let’s play Instagram algorithm recipe roulette, where I will share links to the first 10 recipes that appear in my Instagram feed right now. Here we go!
- This warm brussels sprouts salad. I’ll take it.
- These sliders would be so perfect for Super Bowl.
- This make ahead breakfast is just begging for the weekend to get here.
- Instant Pot recipe alert: This chicken dinner is paleo friendly too.
- Very cute V-day treats you and the kids can make from scratch.
- Thick, rich, and totally delish…these brownies can liven up my IG feed anytime.
- This is one of the best classic Asian take-out dishes you def need to make at home.
- Well hello cinnamon iced darlings. Let me eat you.
- Who wouldn’t want to dunk these in some melty cheese?
- Not ‘cho regular old nachos, that’s for sure!
Annnddd…Three FoodieCrush recipes you made and shared on Instagram this week:
- She made my stuffed peppers to go with my friend Ali’s focaccia recipe. thx for making and sharing the pic @neecyatreatsya
- If you love beets, you’ll love this salad. thx for sharing your pic @meals_that_make_me_moan
- I’m so happy when I see someone make my French onion soup because it’s frigging delicious! thx for sharing your pic @kotlerskitchen
In my goal of reviving showing I care by sending a note or letter, I got lost looking at just how many amazingly cool postal stamps there are. Take a look! They may actually inspire you to pick up the pen and send someone a card.
Have you found the perfect Valentine’s Day card yet?
If there’s one thing you can do to make your closet look more organized, it’s using these. (75,000+ 5-star reviews can’t be wrong.)
Sound advice: Spend intentionally, save money.
6 apps that will help you find the time and motivation to go after what you want.
More ways to practice friluftsliv and boost happiness this winter.
Totally digging these modern and simple bathroom accessories.
16 rosey self-care products perfect for V-day.
The necklace everyone’s wearing now.
Wide legged leggings are where it’s at.
What to read? The New York Times list of 10 best books of 2020.]
And that my friends is what it is for this week! Have a safe and masked up weekend!
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.