Hello and happy Friday!
I’m more than 2397% sure you’ll agree, things are FRIGGING WEIRD right now. Personally, I don’t care for calling it “the new normal”, because frankly, there isn’t much of anything normal about an entire society living on tender hooks, waiting for the invisible boogeyman around the corner who might cough/touch/breathe on/near/around any one of us.
A few weeks ago, I shared a few things I’m keeping up with in my daily routine to keep things moving as close to regular speed as possible. I received loads of positive and encouraging reader response.
After thinking more, I realized there’s more play to this game. There’s so much we all have we don’t see in front of us. So I asked myself, “what am I waiting for?” because the rainy day is here.
Here’s a few special things we should all think about adding to our adaptation/modification/newnormal now.
- Wear your expensive perfume every day.
- Use the good soaps you’ve been saving.
- Eat breakfast in bed—for dinner.
- Whiten your teeth knowing you’re the only one besides those in your house who will see them #wearyourmask.
- Burn the expensive candle all day and night long.
- Turn the dining room table into a ping pong table.
- Wear the lingerie.
- Make a list of things you’ll do one day instead of some day.
- Drink the expensive bottle of wine.
- Break out the china for Tuesday night dinner. Ah hell. Make it every meal.
- Wear your expensive heels with sweats because if Vera Wang can do it you can too. (BTW, how is it possible she is SEVENTY years old??!!)
- Drink afternoon tea from grandma’s antique tea set.
- Make a plan for your first vacation once you’re back from wherever this is.
- Use the cloth napkins.
- Write a letter on the special stationery.
- Drizzle the special olive oil you’re saving on everything.
- Wear lipstick under your mask.
- Use the fancy, colored pens to make your to-do list.
- Bake a cake for dessert—on a weeknight.
- Make peace over old quarrels.
These are all part of my new normal.
If this time of life teaches anything, it’s that today’s the best day to enjoy what we treasure most because who knows what tomorrow will bring.
So what are you waiting for?
But enough of all this, let’s get into this week’s list of Friday Faves!
Making an “if I absolutely had to” list is sure to clear your head.
This is probably the most original home for sale listing I’ve seen yet. But does he come with the house?
What to watch: If you love The Great British Bake Off but prefer ranunculus and petunias to tortes and custard buns, then you’re going to love this flower filled Netflix series.
Sounds like TikTok is good for something, and showing us all how to get bugs out of our strawberries. Ew.
It’s no wonder this melon salad blew up Instagram. Totally cool.
Make an extra helping of this seared salmon noodle bowl for lunch the next day.
Rhubarb season is on, with:
BLT’s soar to the next level—with shrimp!!
Grilled chicken legs Japanese style.
If you like watermelon and you like cocktails you’ll like this drink.
Take it inside with this sheet pan shrimp boil.
Another healthy greek salad to add to the list.
Spoons at the ready: skillet chocolate chip and peanut butter cookie.
This chocolate sheet cake is 100% worthy of bingeing.
5 back to basics cookbooks every cook should own.
The BEST summer reading list even if you won’t be at the beach.
I’ve also ordered this novel by one of my favorite authors.
Please don’t let this fashion trend come back.
This tank is always a part of uniform.
Cute slides that don’t cost an arm and a leg.
What are transparent succulents and how do I get one?
I’m always trying to organize, with:
- These high sided lazy susans are awesome for tall bottles or cleaning supplies.
- I am a huge fan of these adjustable dividers for my cookie sheets and muffin tins.
- What I don’t shred I store in one of these and it goes into the closet. No more filing cabinets!
When decluttering your stuff, never get rid of these 5 things.
If you’re taking a road trip, here’s how to do it safely.
That’s it for this week. Have a great 3-day weekend!
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.