Hello and happy Friday!
This past Sunday I resurrected #soupsunday, where one Sunday a month we have friends and family over for a super casual get together. I made two kinds of soup (I shared more about them here) and kept dessert simple with these fruity pebbles krispie treats shown above.
It was totally refreshing to do some casual entertaining, and prep myself for more the heavy hitter dinner of the year when we host Thanksgiving, and hopefully a few lower-key Xmas festivities.
And that’s why I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m almost considering putting up my Christmas tree. Whaaaat? But we are still weeks away from Thanksgiving! I know, I know.
Here’s why I’m even considering putting up my Christmas tree so early:
- Last year my expensive, pre-lit tree bit the dust half-way through December so I missed out on my nightly Christmas light show glow. I’ve rewired that sucker for the past three years and I.am.done.
- So now I have to buy a new tree, so why not put it up instead of lugging the box to storage? This year I’m buying a way less expensive tree from my grocery store (they have everything at Smith’s Marketplace) and I have so many ornaments you can barely see the tree anyway, so why not save some cash for presents instead?
- I usually put my tree up over Thanksgiving weekend, but it’s so late this year, why not do it early?
- Whadya know? Studies say it’s a good idea to decorate early and embrace your inner elf.
- And most of all, I’m on a roll of striking things off my to-do list, and since decorating is a BIG to-do at my house, I’m feeling I should capitalize on the momentum and just get ‘er up and done. More time to relax and enjoy later. More time to bake cookies. More time to choose to do the other things I want to add to my December bucket list.
Call me crazy. Maybe I am. Or maybe I’ll be the happiest reindeer in all the land.
When do you decorate for the holidays? Leave a comment below and let’s compare and see.
But enough about me and my ho ho ho-ing, let’s dig into this week’s Friday Faves.
Check out these photos you’ll never believe were taken with an iPhone.
I have been eating roasted cauliflower like candy, but this roasted cauliflower salad would make a perfect meal.
This shrimp dinner looks healthily scrumptious.
These Korean noodles should be on your dinner list.
I’m craving everything Italian right now:
- This is how lasagna becomes a winner winner chicken dinner.
- Lightened up baked ziti. You’ll never get your guests to leave.
- OMG, cheesy stuffed mini-meatloafs. So smart!
These babies are the BEST handheld appetizer.
How to get your sourdough starter started and keep it going too.
Turkey dinner in a squash. Now that’s an idea.
Here’s how to make your sweet potato casserole in the Crock Pot.
I spy chai in this spiced apple crisp.
10 ways to dress up store-bought items for the potluck.
20% off everything Home at Anthropologie (discount taken at checkout), including:
- my FAVORITE candle!!! (stocking up on these for gifts!)
- these celebratory wine glasses
- not an ordinary but this extraordinary mirror
- I’ve been looking for vases like these for a long time
And when guests come over, make sure you have this in the bathroom.
Sephora’s holiday sale is going on now. Enter HOLIDAYSAVE and get 15% off your order of:
- my favorite eyebrow pencil. always and forever.
- this is what I’m using for under eye circles now
- loooove this creamy eye shadow that never creases
- currently my fave mascara
- has anyone ever tried these masks? they look pretty dang cool.
This sweater is for when you can’t quite make up your mind.
Roll your pants up? Socks or not? Skinny or cropped? The answers to my blunders of how to wear ankle boots.
Groupie alert: What to pack when you head out of town with the band.
11 practical ways to style your office desk. Maybe you’ll want to work now. HA!
That’s it for this week! Enjoy!!!
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
SIGN UP FOR FREE!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING FOODIECRUSH.COM
Subscribe to the FoodieCrush email newsletter and have every new post plus exclusive content delivered straight to your email box,