Hello and happy Friday!
October is my spring. It’s when I feel like everything around me needs a clean sweep, a spring cleaning. It’s when I feel the urge to dump all the extra stuff. Clear it all out. Simplify my closet. Cleanse my system. Clear my mind. Set new goals. Basically give everything I touch, inside and out, a good, old-fashioned scrub.
A fall sweep. That’s what I’m craving now.
But it isn’t just about things I need to get rid of or shouldn’t be doing. It’s also the things I want more of. It’s balance.
What I can do more of:
- more focused work time
- for more focused play time
- more whole foods and plants—80%
- more of what I want—20%
- move more
- more self-care—prioritize it!
- more fun !!
- more water
- more planning so I have more free time
- keeping in touch more with friends and family
- more dates with my husband
What I can do less of:
- less self-created distractions
- less procrastination
- less critical of myself and others
- less stuff
- less hovering over my teenage daughter (time to let her grow!)
What are some things you could do more and less of, to make a fall sweep and create a more joyful month?
Let’s do it together!
Okay! How about we also dig into this week’s Friday Faves? Enjoy!
An example of how lifting up others in need can lift us all.
It’s October, so here you go:
- It’s breast cancer awareness month. I made an appointment for a mammogram—and what women under 40 should be doing to detect it early now.
- 50 slow cooker recipes to make now.
- For my mom: What to watch on Netflix in October.
- 60 cute ideas for couples-themed Halloween costumes.
- The best podcasts to listen to this fall.
- Will you be taking part in Sober October?
I am thrilled to report the camera on the iPhone 11 Pro is SO MUCH BETTER than the 10, especially in low light. If this is important to you too, it’s worth the investment.
This week, this Instagram post reminded me to stay true to myself.
Things getting me organized:
- I downloaded this app for keeping focused while working. I’m excited to try it. Has anyone used it?
- Still need to use this app to start going through the literally 85,000 photos on my phone and ditch about 40,000 of them. Yes, most of them are food.
- Simplifying my closet by soaking up all the wisdom gained by reading the galley to my best friend’s new book.
- My right hand man, aka my planner.
These cheese and butter huggers are smart.
Apple. Cheddar. Dessert. This recipe is forever fall.
A quesadilla that defines apple season.
This pasta is a perfect veg-forward dinner.
35 pasta recipes to put in the meal planner now.
Slow cooker pot roast for cozy Sunday dinners any night of the week.
Would you look at that? Homemade nutella.
Fast and healthy stir fry on a sheet pan. Smart!
Slow cooker lentils in curry. Sounds SO good right now.
This salad is having a serious moment in my life.
Cinnamon roll alert: with apples.
Pumpkin snickerdoodles. Okay, I’m in.
Taking note: How it’s heard is all in the tone of your voice.
I feel like everyone could use this refresher mainly because I’m always checking for myself: 8 simple rules for when to use commas in a sentence.
I saw Robert Plant in concert this past Tuesday (such an awesome show) and now I think I may need to represent with this tshirt.
A tshirt for your animal loving friends. I bought it for my bestie.
PSA: You might have TOO much money in savings. (don’t tell my dad this!)
Here’s why you may not be able to board an airplane with just a driver’s license if you don’t update it soon.
That’s it for this week. Get out this weekend and enjoy the chill. Or, sit inside and chill. Whichever, just chill!
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
SIGN UP FOR FREE!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING FOODIECRUSH.COM
Subscribe to the FoodieCrush email newsletter and have every new post plus exclusive content delivered straight to your email box,