Hello, hello, and hip hop Happy Friday!
Why I referred to hip hop I have no idea, but just like Brittney Spears, there I go again.
Today I’m feeling all the tenseness that comes with anticipation of travel, to-do lists, and keeping everything afloat begin to release from that nagging crag between my shoulder blades. Long-time projects are coming to fruition, work travel is nearly over for the rest of the year, and good news has been traveling fast.
I know it isn’t November yet, but I feel I should be acknowledging my gratitude to life no matter what time of year it is.
That’s why this week I am thankful for:
- I’m beyond thankful for the good news on the health front for my mom. Long story short, back in July she broke her neck. She was having a bad dream about a man stabbing a woman bystander, tried to punch out the stabber, and as she did she threw herself out of bed, hit her head on the nightstand, and broke her C1 and C2 with an unsupported fracture. Thankfully there was no paralysis, but it was a spinal fracture most don’t survive. So now, after 3 months in a neck collar 24 hours a day, plus surgery to put a rod and screws in, the good news came this week that the screws are holding and the neck collar is off! We are all thrilled, and obviously relieved. And we’ve all requested no more saving-the-world antics from my superhero mama! (But I do think she would make one badass Wonder Woman for Halloween because she’ll always be a superhero to me.)
- It’s my husband’s birthday today! I’m beyond thankful to share every single good and even the bad days with him. Plus, there’s birthday cake…
- I’m thankful for the quality time this week I spent with other bloggers who I can honestly call some of my bestest friends. We celebrated the launch Gina’s newest cookbook with delicious food (I had the Zucchini Latke above from the famous Moosewood Restaurant), hiking, touring—and we’re all so proud of what she’s accomplished. It’s already #20 on Amazon’s Best Seller List — and it’s the only cookbook on the list! I’ll share more about our Ithaca glamping trip soon, along with a recipe from her cookbook. It’s so good.
- The 2019 planner is at the printer and production is going smoothly. I’ll REALLY be thankful when it arrives bound and packaged on my doorstep and I can then rest a little easier.
- It’s fall break for my Ali Smudge, and I’m thankful we still have such a tight relationship where she wants to spend time with me. Memories, we’re ready to make you!
It was a good week. Thank you world, I’m counting my blessings.
I’d love to hear what you’re thankful for. Email me or leave a comment and let it be known!
Are You Getting My Emails?
Don’t rely on Facebook or Instagram algorithms, or worse, your memory!
Sign up here to make sure you’re getting each of my blog posts, recipes, and special content you won’t see here delivered straight to your email. Plus! Each Sunday I share a favorite meal to cook any night of the week WITH a shopping list so you don’t have to wonder what’s for dinner, or buy too much food for meals you never end up making it. Just like the blog, it’s all free.
Girl! What you waiting for?? Sign up!
But enough about that, let’s dig into this week’s list of Friday Faves.
I’m freaking out a bit over here thanks to Apple’s new Screen Time setting for the iPhone. Instagram is by far and away my biggest time investment with xx hours last week. I only spent 5 seconds on Facebook. Ha! It is going to change HOW I spend my time and WHAT I spend time on real quick. Yikes. I turned it on my daughter’s phone and THAT is going to be a very good reality check with plenty of conversation to follow.
I totally missed the news of this celeb break-up…but I mean, is anyone surprised?
Scientists prove that intelligence is inherited from mothers, not fathers. #gogirl
21 ways to declutter your brain. How about we pinkie swear to try at least five?
Everyone says I should be watching this. Is anyone else our there watching?
And that I should be listening to this podcast. I love a good podcast. Subscribed.
I can’t stop making this soup. Now, my mom is requesting it, again. You got it mom!
These crispy potatoes are easy enough for weeknight but fancy enough for company.
Bookmarking this for Thanksgiving.
Can you ever have too many delicious lunch salads like this?? NO!
This week’s cinnamon roll recipe with apple as the guest star.
These roasted cauliflower would be awesome on a grain salad bowl.
You won’t even miss the flour in this gluten-free apple pie. Gorgeous!
Meatloaf wrapped in bacon. It’s what’s for dinner.
How to make an omelet the RIGHT way.
Instant pot recipe alert: these Korean flavored chicken bowls
I want to taste the sweetness of this mango roasted butternut squash right NOW.
But first, this apple bundt cake. OMG.
9 feminist Halloween costumes thanks to 2018.
46 two-person costume ideas. Pretty clever.
If scary pumpkins aren’t your thing, this one will be. RAINBOWS.
Heading to get this makeup palette today and I have a feeling I’m going to be looking mahhhhvelous baby! I’ll let you know next week.
I am loving this ombré throw.
And I gotta say, it would look awesome with this chair.
We got Smudge a pair of these in white a while back and now I want them too. Ugh. Decisions, decisions.
Okay! Time for me to go make a birthday cake and bake up some memories. I hope you discovered some tasty inspo to make your weekend deliciously good.
P.S. If you have something awesome you’re loving now, email me and maybe it’ll show up on next week’s list.
P.P.S. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting is my birthday boy’s fave, send me your favorite recipe!
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
Thanks for reading and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.