Hello and happy Friday!
I’ve been proofing and re-proofing every date, every word, and every letter in the 2019 Jan-Dec Nourished Planner so in my mind I’ve already moved on to next year. (and for those of you who’ve asked the pre-sale for the 2019 planner starts Oct.1, more info to come.)
But today it’s official. It’s the last day of summer which means tomorrow we officially welcome in fall. See? I CAN do math. Wow.
Not that you’d know it by the weather around here in Utah. It’s been hot hot hot. So hot the leaves are changing but look so bleh because they haven’t had the cold snap to get those sugars juicing the pretty colors.
Indian summer. Welcome to it.
It’s just one reason I’m looking forward to leaving for Vermont tomorrow. I’ve always heard it’s so amazingly gorgeous in the fall so I am ready to hunker down and cozy up and learn a thing or two about the area. I’ll be sharing on the Instastories so if you’re curious, follow along there.
So once I get back I’ll be taking advantage of all the fall produce (and make ALL the stuffed peppers) before those cold snaps hit. Real good real food. I’m in.
In case you missed them this week, I shared:
- This one-pot chicken dinner that feeds four under $10 (plus a good cause to go along with it!)
- And these no-bake cookies that are the gateway recipe for beginner cooks that veteran cooks still love too.
- And sign up for my email list because I’m going to be doing some email only giveaways you’re gonna want to be part of for sure.
But enough about me. It’s time to dig into all those frigging Friday Faves. LET’S DO THIS!
I have all of my passwords written down in an old notebook, but as the notebook filled the pages got loose and the page with all the passwords fell out. I had the page in hand, but lost track of it, and guess who lost ALL THE PASSWORDS??!! EEEK.
My mom and dad would die.
I knew it was around here somewhere, but not until yesterday when we were moving the bed to have the new carpet installed did I find it under the bed, along with 2 tennis balls, Jeff’s back tension reliever massager (it actually works!) and a handful of hair restraining devices. RELIEF!
That’s why I’m a fan of this online password keeper.
And this deaf dog who helps kids get through court testimonies is positively heart warming.
We’re all so bombarded with stimuli. Here’s how to focus.
This 3-D graffiti artist is really truly an artist, like, WHOAAAA.
It is new book release season, and I can’t wait to get my hands on:
- This cookbook that will make dinner time so much faster and easier.
- This cookbook because I read her first one like a novel. She’s hilarious. And I’m looking forward to learning all her cooking hacks.
- I saw this book when I was in Santa Barbara and ordered it yesterday because while I can’t pick up and escape, at least I can live vicariously through him. Gorgeous photography.
- And my friend said her sister said this book is a must read. Judging by the reviews, am I the only one who hasn’t yet? Ordered.
- And then this essential book on etiquette because maybe one day I WILL have tea with the queen. (Hey, if it can happen to Meghan…)
I’m still on the salad in a jar fence, but this one is definitely converting me.
Another delicious chicken dinner.
Meatball stroganoff. My man is gonna be all over this.
Live lavish by eating this easy chicken while watching Shahs of Sunset.
Sheet pan shrimp. Fo’ shizzle.
Pumpkin spice everything, including:
- my favorite pumpkin cookies
- these snickerdoodles
- this latté
- this chili
- these RIBS (it somehow makes sense)
Or maybe homemade chai spice is yo’ thang.
Watch it below: Gaga got nothin’ on Miss Piggy. LOVVVE IT!
Wow ANOTHER remake? pic.twitter.com/3eKheaY1OY
— Kevin T. Porter (@KevinTPorter) September 19, 2018
Wanna job with Elon Musk? Here’s the one question he asks candidates in every interview.
If you’re one who works the credit card points, there’s lots of deals out there right now for bonus points.
And if you’re watching your pennies, take note that interest rates are on the rise so you may want to think about that re-fi now.
Let’s talk TV…the new season is here. What are your faves we should be watching now?
- I watched the first two episodes of this new show and if you like Blackish, you’ll like it too.
- And I’m still in the first season of this show but it is so dang good.
- From worst to best, the shows E says you should be watching.
- I’m in the minority here but I cannot stand the Bachelor or Bachelorette (I’m far from a prude but it’s so sleazy), but I heard this dating show is way better. Anyone?
You know how I love a dress that can dress up or down. This one looks comfy but cute.
And I love the eggplant color of this pretty dress. Perfect for holiday.
Love this turtleneck’s bit of detail at the wrist.
I love an ultra soft hoodie sweater and this one is 40% off. Get it.
Let it loose this season because by the looks of this site, baggy is back.
Okay, that’s it for this week! I’m outta here and I hope you found a few fave links that inspire you too. XOXO and have fab fall-ish weekend!
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
Thanks for reading and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox