Hello friends, and would you look at that…Once again, it’s Friday.
Ah. The changing of the seasons. For me the changes aren’t just those around me, they’re inside of me, too. I think that’s why I’ve spent a lot of time this week thinking about the “what-ifs.”
- What if my email was at inbox zero?
- What if I had made that doctor’s appointment?
- What if I had more time to go through my drawers, closets, and cupboards, declutter (what if I committed to this), and get this crap off my countertops?
- What if I hadn’t taken my lousy mood out on her?
- What if I had ignored my self-imposed to-do list and put up Halloween decorations with them instead?
- What if I had stuck to my exercise plan?
- What if I had gotten my blog posts done ahead of time so I wasn’t working after normal “work hours”?
- What if I had told him thank you for all he does instead of wishing he’d do more?
What if, what if, what if. It’s mentally exhausting.
I can dream about the pie in the sky all day long, wishing for finger-snap solutions to the spinning cycle of list-making that goes on in my head all.day.long. But that won’t ever change “what is”. That’s up to me to do.
photo via The Nester
So this week I did. I moved the things from the back burner to the front burner, and turned some of my “what ifs” into “what is”.
- I made her appointment with the orthodontist for a new retainer (1 ½ years later, but hey, it’s scheduled.)
- I made appointments for my annual exam, a mammogram, and a colonoscopy. Ugh. #thisisfifty
- I approved all the files at the printer for our 2018 Nourished Planner and found ZERO TYPE-Os! (I’ll discover them after it’s printed :) )
- I installed a new to me email app that I’m hopeful will get my inbox under control. Love the iPhone version over the desktop…but so far so good.)
- I went to lunch and a movie with my mom and dad, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. The movie was pretty good, the company was excellent.
- I spent two full days doing business stuff, scheduled an appointment with the accountant, and caught up on all my invoicing. Feels sooooo good.
- We refinanced our house. 15 years baby.
- I put a huge trash bag next to my dresser so as I rummage through my drawers looking for what to wear in my sea of black clothes I can toss the things I keep pushing to the back into the bag for giveaway.
- I ordered my fave face wash, got my hair cut and colored, researched new bras (who has a favorite t-shirt bra rec?), and stuck with my meal planning plans all week long.
- I scheduled a spa day for a girls-day-birthday treat for me and my mom, because hey, we both deserve it.
I made the intention of taking 30 minutes every day to take care of personal tasks I feel I don’t have time for. That may sound hum-drum-well-duh-why-wouldn’t-you to you, but as a solopreneur, I’ve had a bad habit of putting business first because at the end of day, the train stops with me.
I’m so excited to keep it going, and I’d love to hear your secrets and tips for getting.it.done.
Enough about me and my internal struggles. Let’s talk Friday Faves! Giddyup.
How much do you love these two?? Real life marriage below…except for the limo and looking all glam in a frigging rain storm, at least for me today :).
Don’t forget, October is breast cancer awareness month (I made my mammo appt. yesterday!) and these 15 products support breast cancer research.
Whoa, totally inspiring: A fashion show for an important cause.
How to create a better work/life balance. Are you craving it too?
That’s why you NEED this book.
This is how I used to feel 98% of the time. Now it’s probably around 70%, because I’m making the choice to live for now.
I love these types of looks at the real lives of real people: What dinnertime looks like across the USA.
Who knew the ranking of apples could be so funny? (and I totally agree about Red Delicious, bleh..)
Carameled apple monkey bread. DONE!
I shared this old recipe on Facebook yesterday and realize I really need to make them to take new photos. Okay, yes, it’s just an excuse to make them again.
This ingredient takes mac and cheese to a whole new level of nirvana.
MEAL PREP/FREEZER FOOD ALERT: 20 recipes you can make with a pound of ground beef.
This mashed cauliflower is a little bit healthy, a little bit naughty. My kind of recipe.
These maple butter bars look to be like every bit of heaven I’m sure they are.
5 recipes you should make this weekend:
- Breakfast Polenta Bowls
- Jalapeno-Cheddar Stuffed Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf
- Mason Jar Kale, Quinoa and Apple Salad
- Bacon Brussels Sprouts Fried Rice
- Chai Apple Crisp
I need to have a Halloween party just so I can make this zombie punch.
I love the wine glasses in this grown-up, black Halloween tablescape. Cool contrast.
Pumpkin spice fans, here are 25 products, ranked. What say you?
14 things to do with friends…that isn’t dinner. I love the idea of #9, now who wants to do it with me? Maybe we should do it here on Friday Faves.
10 classic horror movie locations you can visit in real life. My AliSmudge would be ALL OVER THIS! She’s totally into the creep this year. (ahhh, to be 13 again…)
But what’s even creepier (okay, terrifying) is this amazing makeup tutorial. Nightmares, you guys.
For a more toned-down Halloween look, check out this adorable mom and baby Halloween costume DIY. Cuties.
The perfect props for a Halloween party photo booth for just 5 bucks! Can you tell I’m just a wee bit excited about Halloween?
Do you use rosehip oil on your face? I’ve heard this stuff is amazing. Yea? Nea?
I’ve been lamenting about my mascara for the last several Friday Fave posts. Here’s yet another round up deemed the best drugstore mascaras. Now, they’ve named THIRTY FIVE MASCARAS…isn’t that like every one in the store?? But after mentioning it in a few Friday Faves back, I’m declaring my new favorite is this one.
Super cute sunglasses, and they’re on sale.
It’s all about dresses with dramatic sleeves…I like.
These measuring spoons would be a pretty addition to my food pics.
Anyone who entertains needs a basic water pitcher. This one looks good and is priced totally right.
Having trouble sleeping? Insomniacs swear by this product. I must investigate.
And there we are, friends! Have a stunning fall weekend and I hope you get into the kitchen and make something good!
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
Thanks for reading and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.