From appetizers and salads to sides and mains, these 20 fresh corn recipes are a sweet way to put peak-season corn to great use.
Summer produce, with its drippy peaches, ruby red tomatoes, and tender, ever versatile zucchini is a thing of magic that is totally unparalleled. And fresh corn is a summer gem that may be the queen of the crop. During the cooler months, I’ll make creamed corn or crockpot corn chowder with frozen corn, but when August and September roll around and corn is at its peak, I can’t get enough of those fresh ears. If you feel the same, then you’ll love this roundup of 20 fresh corn recipes, which has something for everyone.
Appetizers & Soups
From fritters and dips to soups, these corn appetizers have something for everyone.
1. Chilled Corn and Crab Soup
Sweet corn kernels and fresh snow crab meat make this simple chilled soup a summer-time staple that’s made with almondmilk for a lightened-up, creamy slurp that takes only 30 minutes to prepare.
2. Corn Cakes
from Spoon Fork Bacon
These cheesy, buttery jalapeño cakes are studded with fresh corn, drizzled with honey, and topped with chives and queso fresco for an insanely delicious app or side to any meal.
3. Mexican Corn Dip
Whether it’s served melty hot or crunchy cold, this easy Mexican corn dip made with roasted green chiles, mayonnaise, cotija cheese, and chile powder will seriously have you considering the double chip dip.
4. Summer Corn Chowder
from Olive and Mango
This creamy chowder is made with peak-season corn and zucchini, as well as bacon, potatoes and a base of carrots, celery, onions, thyme, and garlic. Bonus? It’s super creamy and satisfying but is made with milk!
5. Elote Queso
from Pinch of Yum
This cheesy, one-skillet app features a creamy, melty queso, charred roasted corn, fresh jalapeño and garlic, cilantro and chili powder for a dip you won’t be able to stop eating.
Corn Salads and Sides
From easy potluck side dishes to the best grilled corn on the cob, these corn salads and sides are ones you’ll want to make all summer long.
6. BLT Corn Salad
This simple corn salad gets a BLT flavor upgrade with sweet cherry tomatoes, peppery arugula, salty bacon, and tender basil for a great summer salad side dish.
7. Blueberry Corn Feta Salad
from Recipe Runner
This salad is bursting with bites of summer corn, sweet-tart blueberries, fresh basil, and salty feta, and is tossed in a honey lime dressing. It’s perfect as a light side, but you could easily add grilled chicken or salmon and make it a meal.
8. Grilled Corn Salad with Tomato and Avocado
When fresh corn and tomatoes are at their summer best, this easy salad with creamy avocados that’s simply dressed with a hint of Mexican jalapeño, lime juice, and garlic, is a healthy recipe that’s sure to become the star side dish of every potluck and barbecue you make it for.
9. Mexican Corn Pasta Salad
This creamy Mexican corn pasta salad is inspired by the popular Mexican grilled corn street food and one of my favorite dips. It’s the perfect side dish to enjoy for a cookout or outdoor lunch and can be enjoyed warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
10. Zucchini Corn Fritters with Lemon Basil Aioli
from How Sweet Eats
These crispy, crunchy fritters are filled with fresh zucchini and summer corn, fried until golden, and served with a lemon basil aioli for dipping.
11. Grilled Corn with Spicy Buffalo Butter
Easy grilled summer corn gets a kick in the tastebuds with a slathering of yummy buffalo sauce and blue cheese-spiked compound butter.
12. Zucchini and Fresh Corn Salad
This raw zucchini and corn salad gets its spunk from a garlicky-lemon basil vinaigrette that lightly marinates the thin squash peels and freshly shucked corn kernels.
From a summer spin on pasta carbonara to the yummiest pizzas, corn deserves to be the main event.
13. Late Summer Corn and Tomato Carbonara
from The Candid Appetite
Classic carbonara gets a summer makeover with fresh corn and tomatoes, and dare I say this might be even better than the original?
14. Balsamic Steak Gorgonzola Salad with Grilled Corn
from Aberdeen’s Kitchen
This colorful and hearty salad with marinated grilled steak and grilled corn, tomatoes, red onion, gorgonzola cheese crumbles, gremolata, and balsamic vinaigrette is full of amazing flavor and comes together in just 20 minutes.
15. Charred Corn with Rosemary Grilled Pizza
Sweet grilled corn, fresh rosemary, mozzarella and gorgonzola mingle together on an easy homemade pizza dough that’s grilled for maximum flavor and a perfect char.
16. Grilled Swordfish Steaks with Herbed Corn Salad
from Brooklyn Supper
These grilled swordfish steaks are served with an herbaceous corn salad made for with sweet corn, lime juice, cilantro, and green onions, for an easy, healthy, and fresh summer dinner.
17. Summer Corn Pasta
from Foods of Jane
This creamy pasta dish features tangles of mafaldine pasta, fresh kernels of summer corn, cream, lemon, garlic, basil, and Parmesan.
18. Scallops with Corn and Tomatoes
These pan-seared scallops with sweet summer corn and tomatoes and creamy with Boursin cheese is such a delicious marriage of flavors, and all you need is 6 ingredients to make it.
19. Grilled Peach Pizza with Corn and Chili Garlic Sauce
from How Sweet Eats
Wish fresh corn and grilled peaches, this yummy pizza is a total celebration of summer. It also features fresh mozzarella, basil, and chili garlic sauce.
20. Pistachio Pesto Pasta with Grilled Corn, Zucchini, and Pecorino
from A Beautiful Plate
This vegetarian pasta is tossed with pistachio pesto, grilled zucchini, corn, and salty pecorino, for a colorful and summery dish that can be served warm, cold, or at room temperature.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats
20 Corn Recipes | Grilled Corn Salad with Tomato and Avocado
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 1 garlic clove , pressed or minced
- 1 jalapeño , seeds and ribs removed, then minced
- Kosher salt
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados , halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 scallions , thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilatnro leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Put the corn, still in its husks, on the grill, cover, and cook for 20 minutes rotating the corn cobs every 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix to combine the garlic, jalapeño, and a large pinch of kosher salt. Add the lime zest, lime juice, and olive oil and whisk to combine. Add the avocado, tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro and toss gently to combine.
- Remove the corn from the grill. When cool enough to handle, peel back the silk, and slice the kernels off the cobs directly into the bowl with a knife. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more FoodieCrush inspiration.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
Rate & Comment