It’s been a week of getting back into the swing of things with school back in session and Smudge still not convinced as to why she can’t have a friend over EVERY SINGLE day. Or a sleepover every night.
Honey, after this weekend summer’s over.
I posted this week about my hand pie afterschool treat which was a big hit with Smudge and her friends after I gave in for an afterschool playdate.
Next playdate, my kiddo
guinea pigs taste testers have requested that these Orange Cream Cupcakes be deposited into their sweaty little hands. Based on my favorite summertime Creamsicle frozen treat, they were a huge hit, just like I knew they would be.
And now, what I’ve been crushing on this week…
It’s been a couple of weeks of group recipe posts. Here are some of my faves:
1. It’s Labor Day weekend and time to cool off before the big freeze heads our way and Becky and Lindsey have pulled together a fantastic Labor Day Ice Cream Social. I’m so crushing on the recipe for Beet Ice Cream. What do you think?
3. And what could be more celebratory than a baby shower? A virtual baby shower that is, for mama-to-be Jenny of Picky Palate and organized by Marla. Check out the list of ‘attendees’ and that long as your arm recipe collection, it’s your one stop source for baby shower recipes.
4. I’m loving the advice Jules has posted about the number one way to eat healthier along with some awesome eating tips. It’s just so simple really but too often ignored! I really like the idea of cauliflower rice.
5. Forget the take-home foil origami swans you get at some of those big steakhouses, check out Barbara’s adorable Cream Puff Swans. I really don’t know how she does it!
6. I’m all about cool typography and those trendy labels for jars so of course I totally pinned this DIY tutorial.
7. When I’m not checking out food blogs or obsessing about what time people go to bed, I love getting sucked into Sous Style, where I can live vicariously through the hip and not so humble thanks to its creator who just so happens to be the Photo Director for Elle mag. In other words, its gorgeous.
8. Dinner delivered, but in a box! The brainchild of Barb and Max feautres unique recipes—including Mongolian Beef from Bee—and brings you everything you need minus the fresh ingredients. I smell holiday gift giving!
10. And finally my fave Twitter quote of the week: (via @dinnerwithJulie)
Friends, have a fantastic long weekend and spend as much of it as possible in the waning summer sunshine.
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox