Hello, hello and happy holiday Friday!
Tomorrow marks the first day of December. Christmas tidings with meat and cheese plates has arrived. Speaking of, I have an awesome something cheesy and meaty coming up for you next week that you’re gonna love.
It’s…wait, hold on, I’m getting ahead of myself here. That’s next week. Let’s get back to this week first.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday’s hangover is here (where did all the deals go????) and the UPS and FedEx deliveries are pouring in.
It’s the official start of the holiday shopping season. And well I’ve seen a bevy of gift guides on the internet touting things that you might need to for yourself or for others, my guide is a little different because they’re all actually my favorite things and things I really do own.
So let’s get into this week’s Friday Faves. But first..
My husband and I are are heading to San Francisco for the weekend to celebrate an early celebration for our wedding anniversary. It’s one of our very favorite cities, but it’s been two years since we were there last. If you have any suggestions on what to see and where to eat (ramen suggestions always welcome!) let me know!
Okay, now, let’s really do this thing.
This week and next I’ll be sharing stuff I love for your holiday gift giving. Consider them FoodieCrush endorsed, with a big old stamp of my approval.
For the Cook
- If you don’t yet have this appliance in your kitchen, it’s high time you asked Santa to remedy the situation—it’s redesigned and still on Cyber sale.
- Are pans a suitable Christmas gift? They are if they’re one of these, because I don’t know of even ONE home cook who would turn up their nose at being gifted one.
- This is a home cook’s best friend, and the only brand I allow in my kitchen. It will absolutely make whoever you give it to a better cook. That’s the fit that keeps on giving.
- These are my secret weapon. I use them for everything from cutting bacon to trimming herbs. An investment for sure, but a present that will last a lifetime.
- This is hands down my favorite instant read food thermometer. It isn’t cheap, so it makes an awesome present. And it’s so fast and accurate my daughter even uses it to read the temp of the water when changing her fish’s aquarium.
- This gadget totally inspires my healthier cooking tendencies and I use it all.the.time. and it’s totally inspiring me for January eats already.
For the Home
- Okay so this is sort of for home, sort of for kitchen, and perfect for your favorite farmer’s market shopper.
- My very favorite candle makes an awesomely affordable gift, but it’s also sold cheaper here. I have both and they do smell pretty much the same but the first one is much prettier to look at.
- This is the coziest blanket we have, and I always call it first. Love that my feet are always warm. Such a good gift.
- I have something very similar that sits on my living room table, but this one is so fun with the succulents added in.
- I gave this set as gifts to our friends a few years ago. It’s my favorite scent, practical, and handy (literally—ha!)
Okay, this is the CUTEST idea for a Christmas party ever. I’m totally inspired!
The perfect ornament for your favorite baker.
I don’t have these cheese boards, but man, they are pretty spectacular.
Totallly bucking for these sweet buckeyes.
A mac and cheese that won’t leave you feeling all the guilts.
And this favorite from the archives, too.
This Instant Pot soup looks freaking delish!
OMG, I could eat twelve of these mini sandwiches.
This week’s featured cinnamon roll. GET IT.
A few soon to be favorite holiday cocktails for you:
- A wintery prosecco drink to make you feel chill
- Celebrating like a boss with a new fave whiskey drink.
- This cranberry gin fizz to make you warm and fuzzy.
- And a moscow mule that rules.
Another reason to sweeten cranberries: cheesecake bars.
Enchilada chili. Warm me up, up, up, up.
Stuffed mushrooms lookin’ creamy and dreamy.
A nutritionists advice on how to eat whatever you want over the holidays.
This home design app looks totally cool!
The 18 books she read this year. I think I maybe squeezed out one. #2019goals
Will there actually be a Friday Night Lights reunion?
10 easy ways to hygge up your life. Loungwear. Cardamom. Sounds dreamy.
Okay, time to get my hygge on. Hope you do too! Have a grand weekend friends!
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.