Here we are and the first week of September has nearly been put to bed and I’m finally coming out of my cheese coma.
And just like a 17-year-old stealthily sneaking into the house after being just an hour—or so—late after curfew (not that I would know ANYTHING about that) I’m delivering the September Food Blogger Calendar, or more affectionately designated foodblogcal. I don’t remember who coined it for me on Twitter, if it was you, please let me know in the comments so I can give appropriate credit where credit is due.
Oh, and if you have any great holidays, contributions or events you’d like to have featured, shoot me an e-mail or tweet and it might just fit the crit.
Download the free September 2012 Food Blogger Calendar desktop wallpaper
Download the free 8 1/2 X 11 printable version of the September 2012 Food Blogger Calendar
It was a super busy week this week: Smudge got strep throat, I started teaching for the new semester and I’m trying to wrap up what I call “project hangovers”: projects that were supposed to be finished but for one reason or another clients have had to extend the deadlines. But after being in this biz for so long, I get that it’s all a part of the creative process. Sometimes a little extra time, an additional set of eyes and some extra TLC make all the difference with clients, and even with myself, and I’m super excited about what is soon to be the final pieces.
I’m doing a little experiment with myself on how to “do unto my business as I would do for others” that I’ll be sharing with you soon. In other words, don’t just talk the talk, lets see you walk the walk.
But until then, a few FRIDAY FAVES! Happy weekend ‘yo!
1. Bridget not only makes some seriously mean sweets, but is super sweet herself, especially in this ode to her hubby of 16 years. No dry eyes here. And now my stomach is growling.
2. The boys club is live. I want to move into their treehouse. But I’m afraid I’d spill my drink on the climb up. Do you boys have a pulley?
3. I love her pictures and recipes, but what really makes me gush about Melissa is her self-effacing and funny wit. Did you catch her tips on how to emulate her great “fauxtography” this week? Check it!
4. I’ve been on a peach kick lately. But Beth’s handpie recipe puts anything I could fathom to shame and her photography? O.M.G. as in Oh My Gorgeous. Make sure to check out her about me page, her words will envelop you like the softest cashmere shrug on a chilly fall eve. Okay, I tried. I’m not the writer she is. Just go check her out and I will sign up for an extended education writing course.
5. Last Saturday I followed the Blog Brunch Twitter feed where they talked about the nitty gritty of sponsorships with blogs. Seems like lot of people are wondering about the same things.
7. These would totally help Smudge with her haphazard table setting, and I love the graphic look.
8. Although we won’t have any more Friday Night Lights this season (*sigh, Maria, I see you also have your head bowed in sorrow) but Jessica’s round-up of 135 FOOTBALL RECIPES—yes, I said 135!—gets me excited for a little pigskin, so long as its deep-fried.
9. From solar systems to haunted eyeballs, these amazing lollies are perfect for any party, especially Halloween. So super cool.
10. Why aren’t they reading your blog? This post might give you a clue and don’t miss the comments section for even more insight.
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox