Hello, hello, and welcome to another Friday Faves.
I was flipping through the recent issue of Real Simple magazine and came across a Q&A for readers to share the splurges they’ve never regretted. And here’s the thing…Splurges don’t always relate to monetary spending. They can be value-driven instead. And with many of us being far more budget minded these days, values win over stuff most any day.
I jotted down a quick list of some splurges I’ve never regretted, reflecting on the investment and how they’ve improved my life. How about giving it a try?
- Travel. I don’t think I’d ever think experiencing new places was a bad investment.
- Super soft sheets. These are my fave.
- 401k and retirement savings. Thanks to my Dad for teaching me at a very young age how important that security blanket is for later.
- A really good chef’s knife.
- Our little A-Frame. It’s been the greatest escape, and a project my husband and I both love working on. Unlike a boat or a motorhome or other toy, it goes up in value instead of down. Winning all around.
- I will invest in an expensive purse and shoes that always elevates my cheap-o wardrobe.
- Spa services, because I matter, they’re good for me, and it feels SO GOOD.
- Time with people I love and enjoy.
- Redoing our landscaping. Outdoor living is my everything. And curb appeal is key in real estate.
- Apple stock. In 1997, Apple was on the brink of bankruptcy. I took some savings plus Christmas money and bought the stock at $8 a share. It’s grown, split, and grown more, and I’ve never regretted not having that present under the tree.
- Volunteering. Time is finite, but spending the extra time I have on others—human or animal—is a splurge I get almost more out of than they do.
We binged the first few episodes of this streaming TV show and it is such a joy, and kept me totally guessing too. This Vanity Fair review was so lovely to read, the author has such a graceful but easy way with words. I want to write like her one day.
This tribute to his dog is heart breaking, yet such a beautiful way to express why we all.love.dogs. “No matter how awful the day, or how awful I am behaving at any given moment, George doesn’t care. He finds me smoldering in my chair and dashes to my lap. Every dog is a rescue dog.” Such a beautiful way to express why we all.love.dogs.
This garden is AMAZING, and makes me want to hop a jet plane to France right this minute to see it in person. Whoa.
This Thai salad fits right into my fave flavor profile.
I love making this fresh zucchini salad.
This recipe gives me more options to use up my zuchs.
Miso soup with noodles is just the easy dinner I crave at least once a week.
OMG, these chile flaked rolls look divine.
This noodle lo mein is just the right reason for eating more veggies.
This shrimp dinner is creamy dreamy.
It’s meatball season:
- This pasta with meatballs (so tender!)
- These turkey meatballs tinged with Mediterranean flavors
- These back-of-the-bottle party time meatballs
Baking project #3,127: Tartine croissants!
This one-pot macaroni dish will have the whole family lining up to the table.
Adding this zucchini frittata to my use-it-up zucchini recipe list.
Another easy way to eat more beans.
If you don’t have one of these in your kitchen, get one.
- This cord organizer is a total game changer. Clear the visual clutter!
- I love that I can mix and match sizes of these drawer organizers.
- The 4,700+ reviews on this label printer are all raves, and printing from your phone makes it so easy.
The list of the top colleges in the nation, and for the first time, it’s a public school. The past 2 years have changed higher education, and more change is likely to come.
This study reveals how much exercise you need after sitting all day long.
The world has indeed gone upside down, because these shoes that the masses have dissed for so long, are the top selling item in all of clothing on Amazon right now.
25 new books to cozy up to this fall.
Okay, that’s it! Have a fantabulous weekend!
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.