Hello and happy Friday!
Soooo, it’s been a little quiet here on le blog this week. Or at least quiet on the outside. But on the inside the wheels have been churning. See, there’s a lot more that goes on here at FoodieCrush besides creating recipes, cooking, and taking pics.
That’s just the beginning.
Every other year I would have been beating myself up that I haven’t put up a new post for readers to see. It seriously causes me angst. But this year, I’m forcing myself to know it’s okay to step away and spend some time planning and tuning things up under the hood, as they say. I mean, it’s sort of egotistical to think you readers are drumming your fingers and tapping your toes anxiously awaiting the next post from FoodieCrush. But if you are, I’m honored! And so here you are :).
It feels SO good to brainstorm, think, and plan for the year. I have lots of ideas forming into actual lists, but one thing I know about myself is ideas need to percolate and brew. Forcing them to appear doesn’t work for me. That’s why this week has been valuable to me.
How about you? Have you outlined a few dreams or plans for the new year? I’m hoping so. If not, what are you waiting for?
Okay, enough about me and my avocado toast. Let’s get into this week’s Friday Faves. Enjoy!
Is it too much to ask for just ONE photo of Brad and one of his ex’s (Jen? Gwyneth?) at the Golden Globes? More BTS here.
Swipe left or right, up or down? The 8 most common mistakes people make on dating apps.
Got my hair cut and came home with a blonde bob again plus a few favorite gems from Paula:
- If you love true crime, she was engrossed in this true crimes documentary.
- She used this rubber head broom to do some quick and easy sweeping of my newly cut newly golden tresses from the floor. Perfect for my dog haired house. Plus it doubles as a squeegee. Ordered.
- This is her fave protective product if you blow dry/style/anything. I love it and use it every day.
- And THE BEST PART OF MY WEEK –> Because of this documentary, she has convinced her husband to try a plant-based diet for one week to see if it drops his blood pressure. Totally watched it last night and it may have convinced my man to give it a one week try too!!
Sometimes its just nice to read about other people’s vexing problems: What to do when your grocery store greeter invites himself over for dinner.
What, what???!!! Here’s how to air fry in your Instant Pot. And it sounds like it actually works—and it’s on sale.
So then you can make this mac and cheese, switch lids, and add a crunchy topper in the same vessel.
These sweet potatoes are reason enough to eat more veg.
This sweet potato breakfast bowl is in line with my Blue Zones eating plan.
This coconut curry soup has me craving it so strong.
Vegan curious? Give these sloppy joes a try.
- Sheet pan honey chicken with veg
- Sheet pan fajitas
- Sheet pan chicken stir fry
- Sheet pan tofu meal prep
Such a good idea: After dinner digestion tea.
Less is more:
- 10 little things to remember if you struggle to declutter.
- How to Marie Kondo your work desk every day.
- One simple thing that makes decluttering so much easier.
- This is a keeper: How to scan docs and save them in your Notes app.
Where to go next: The 25 best small towns in America.
Here’s why Google Trips is about to become my new best friend. Let’s go!
7 essential oils for energy and how to use them.
Hollywood’s best kept secret to the best brows. It worked for me. (no hater comments please!)
Things I’m restocking:
- These hangers so I don’t get those weird bumps in the shoulders of my hanging sweaters.
- I am faithful to taking this vitamin because I only have to take one pill a day to get the high dose recommended by my friend who is a MS researcher, but check with your own doctor before following any medical advice.
- This face lotion I keep going back to over and over again.
- I bought this lipstick on a recent Ulta run and I LOVE how moisturizing it is. I chose Mantra for my color, and am going back to get another with a bit more of a rosy blush.
- And also picked up this anti-aging cream with hyaluranic acid. Totally loving it. Korean skin care is where it’s at.
Based on so many good reviews, I added this book to my cart this morning.
And if you find that you, a family member, or employee is spending too much time on the toilet, maybe you need this. I mean, what wife doesn’t think their husband needs this??? HA!
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There may be affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.