Hello, hello, and Happy Friday!
Why is it that the only years I get a flu shot are the ones I get sick within the next two weeks of getting the shot??
Last year I didn’t get a flu shot, and I didn’t get sick. The year before that, I got a flu shot and I got sick.
This year, got the flu shot last week, and I yesterday I woke up with a sore throat, coughs, aches and pains and tired and grouchy. GRRR. What’s a self-care enthusiast to do?
That’s why I’ve been triple dosing on this immune booster, and why I ordered another batch of this homeopathic remedy we preached about back in my health food magazine designing days. And yes mom, I’m washing my hands.
But instead of boring you with my cold and flu symptoms, I’m gonna get right to the Friday Faves point, and then snuggle up in my bed and hit the hay to dream of reaching for last Friday’s burger lunch at SLC’s Lucky 13 instead of reaching for another tissue to blow my snotty nose.
So let’s do this, and start clicking away.
Stopping the perfectionism procrastination loop. I’m working on this every day, because what I’m doing now, just.isn’t.working.
Borrow these captions and put the pun into your Thanksgiving Instagrams.
9 make-ahead strategies to make Thanksgiving bearable.
Take note Thanksgiving dinner cookers: The CDC is warning of a deadly turkey salmonella outbreak.
Slow cooker lasagna for all your hosting the company needs.
This Thanksgiving salad will totally steal the show.
A roasted butternut squash gratin that’s lighter in the load.
This creamy squash side that’ll knock their socks off.
These cheesy biscuits … bring ’em on.
Oh my, these two cobblers will totally get gobbled up.
I’ve been searching for a video tutorial for how to make more natural, flowey flower arrangements with grocery store flowers. This video is a good start. Skip the intro and head to minute 4:30 to get into the how-to. Please share if you have one I can watch and learn from.
My husband is a paint contractor and came home from a meeting with one of his reps with samples of this for our walls. Still thinking about it…What say you?
I’m finding myself decorating in the same style as my childhood home because it’s all back in style! May as well add this rug to the list. Yay? Nay?
Start Pinning: Some of my faves for your holiday party prep list:
- This sparkling dress is bangin’ gorgeous for the holidays, but not all of us have that kind of budget for the special occasion. For something on the less spendy side, this dress or this one would be pretty options.
- These shoes would go with any party dress. Bonus: they’re on sale.
- You could always do the classic holiday sweater.
- I bought this eye shadow palette and it’s so dang pretty I haven’t even swiped a brush to it yet!
- I also got these eye shadow metallic highlighters and they are really, really fun. Why wait for the holidays? I smudge them along my brow bone for a little pop every day.
- This lipstick in Party Line. Gorgeous.
- And 9 festive nail polishes.
- The hangover bullet. Has anyone tried it and does it really work? Because if it did, it would be fun (and helpful?) to give as a parting gift at parties.
Okay, that’s all for this week. Have a fab weekend! Sign up for my emails to get my FREE Not-a-Plan Flexible Meal Plan delivered to your inbox each Saturday.
Craving more life balance, less stress, and better health? Check out my Nourished Planner, the daily planner to help create simplicity and under-schedule your life.
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
We send good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox