This fresh, tart, authentic key lime pie recipe is the same one you’ll remember from when you were a kid, and it’s a breeze to make — all you need are a few ingredients to blend together!
One word of advice: Do not put lime rinds down the disposal. If you do, the result will be:
- 1 day of dirty dishes drying with caked-on, day-old food.
- $67 rental for snake at Home Depot.
- 1 argument with the husband.
- $234 fee for Roto Rooter to clear the drain.
- 17 minutes of scrubbing caked-on, day-old food from plates.
- But an awesomely delicious key lime pie.
We’ve learned our lesson the hard way. Don’t put lime rinds down the garbage disposal. My sister-in-law learned it too. But with potato peels right before everyone showed up for Thanksgiving dinner.
There are a lot of things that seem indestructible. Garbage disposals aren’t one of them.