Soon I’ll be heading north. Not for the great white chill of Alaska, but to Northern Utah for Peach Days.
Peach season is right around the corner, and I can’t wait to hand-pick some big old juicers from the roadside fruit stand to take home and throw on the grill for my easy Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone. Dessert on the grill, can’t get easier than that.
Caramelized goodness with a touch of honey and rosemary. Mmmm hmm.
But until I load the car, gas it up and make the jaunt, I’ll share a few Friday Faves with ya’ll.
1. There were a few tips I learned of at the Evo Conference that didn’t make my recap post. One is this great app called CardMunch. Take a pic of a business card and all of the info is directly imported into your contacts or LinkedIn account.
The other is an iPhone photo editing app. Yes, yet another one to add to the arsenal. Snapseed is from one of my favorite image editing companies, Nik Software and got a lot of tongues wagging at Evo with all of us iPhone picture taking hounds comparing whose editing with what. It’s also available on the iPad.
2. I’m going to be flying my red, white and blue colors high at the Olympic Opening ceremony. I don’t know how they could top the Beijing opener, but I’m hoping London will pull out all their star power and wow the world. I’m looking at you Posh! I think this sweet USA red, white and blue treat is perfectly in order to enjoy as I sit on the couch and watch the athletes sweat it. Get the complete 2012 Summer Olympic schedule here.
3. Check out this Pinterest board featuring food bloggers tomato recipes in support of the movement to purchase for slave free tomatoes.
4. In an effort to keep up with my myriad of RSS feeds, I’m checking out Evernote Clearly to use with my favorite browser, Chrome, that promises to make blog posts and webpages easy to read with customized font selection and themes. Check it out and let me know what you think.
5. And finally, I’m thinking about making this for a blogger potluck, to quench the thirst of those talkie, eating food lovers.
Top 10 Pinterest Tips from Evo Conference 2012
Friday Faves and Chicken Piccata Pasta
Friday Faves and Pickled Jalapenos with Carrots
Thanks for reading and please keep in touch. Subscribe to Foodie Crush and follow me onTwitter, Facebook and Pinterest and check out Foodie Crush magazine and Cookie Cravings cookbook.
Peaches with mascarpone . . . great idea! Lovely site!
Sara at The Cozy Herbivore
Peaches + marscarpone + rosemary= summer perfection. And then you had to go and throw those peaches on the grill. YUMexplosion.
This looks delicious and simple, just the way a summer dessert should be!
Yum! We’ve been grilling peaches a lot the past 2 weeks – they are so delicious. I’ve just been eating them straight, but I’m going to have to try them with mascarpone. These are beautiful!
Those are almost too pretty to eat! Almost…
Those look so good I could almost taste them. In fact, I wouldn’t complain at all if they magically appeared on my porch. Wishful thinking at its best. ;)
I want in on a trip to peach days. Would be a blast. xx
Gerry @ Foodness Gracious
Mmm this is a perfect flavor combo especially with the rosemary, one of my fav herbs!!
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?! Why do you have to tempt me when I am trying so hard to not snack?!!!!!!!
Bev @ Bev Cooks
That cheese all nestled inside the peach hole? O-MAW-GAW.
I love grilled peaches! And with mascarpone. . .oh man!
Laura (Tutti Dolci)
These peaches are perfection! Love the Mascarpone :).
Cathy @ Noble Pig
I use Evernote for Lists and I absolutely love it! And those peaches…wow, wow and wow.
I use Chrome so I’m definitely checking out Evernote Clearly. Also, now I’m craving peaches.
Rocky Mountain Woman
I am so excited about fresh Utah peaches that I just might cry….
Any time now, any time now…
Heidi, thanks for sharing your newfound knowledge from the Evo conference! Always great to hear what the big takeaways are, esp. since I couldn’t attend. Also, I can’t think of a better combination than peaches and mascarpone.
Yum, I love the sound of grilled peaches.
Wow, just look at those gorgeous peaches! I need to make a trip up to Peach Days myself and pick up some fresh peaches (and some of the peach ice cream at that local ice cream shop up there).
We should do a road trip with the kids and stop at Granny’s Produce and grab a turkey burger from Maddox.
Alison @ Ingredients, Inc.
Jen @ Savory Simple
Those peaches look divine! Thanks for sharing the Pinterest board!
Ali @ Gimme Some Oven
These look beautiful!!! And thanks for posting the slave-free tomato board on Pinterest. So cool seeing the support for this movement this summer! :)
I’m pretty much obsessed with the Evernote products, I can’t think how I ever managed my life before them.
And all the Olympic excitement in the food blogging world makes me so happy. The Opening ceremony has been a tightly guarded secret but all the reports I’ve heard say that it’s amazing (although in a completely different way to Beijing). I think it will definitely capture the Britishness of the Games!
I can only imagine how crazy everyone is going in London, or as crazy as you wild Brits get. But the city must be so proud!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
these look awesome – and so does your site! It just keeps getting spiffier & spiffier!